Author Topic: What is your idea about DEATH?  (Read 21232 times)

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
Re: What is your idea about DEATH?
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2009, 12:11:40 pm »
I heard that we age because of the oxygen reaction in our lungs; it sort of wears out our lungs.

Eating fruits helps reduce this reaction, and that's why women live longer :)
Relax, enjoy and be LAZY!

Offline ilmarien

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2009, 01:08:40 pm »
If I were to choose whether to live longer, or die earlier, I'd choose dying earlier. It's more romantic (my whole brain is sick).

Offline vakarian

• SF Immigrant
  • fighting ftw !
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2009, 01:25:22 pm »
LOL ....no offense but go visit a mental hospital ..

whats so romantic in dying ? ...getting rotten and worms feeding on you ?
Every thought why you reading this ?..

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2009, 03:00:28 pm »
@Vakarian

Today, TIME is our Master. Many people have made it as the goal of their life to master time. Marine animals serve as subjects for this purpose. Scientists are trying to adapt their properties to humans.
If human life is eternal, that's gonna affect us all.

How would the world be like if humans lived forever...?
That's what I wanna know, from you people.  

Darwin Theory is a good topic, but there is a high probability that religion is going to make its dashing entry with outrageous consequences. You know how it is.  ;)

@Stacey
THINKING itself extends till Infinity... What your mind can do is infinite. Doesn't your brain give you a head ache?  :P ;D

You're right about religion making a dashing entry with outrageous consequences over the Darwin Theory.
I'm one of those people that will bring religion up when someone says "We've evolved from Monkeys"
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Alpha

« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2009, 05:47:10 am »
@Vakarian

If humans lived for ever, problems would live for ever too... Yea, if humans lived for ever, then there would be no Day of Judgement. They would fear nothing.

Another good reason why there is a Day of Judgement: Death.  :)

@Stacey

The demand for fruits has suddenly increased!  :D

Thank You for the piece of info.  ;)

@Roxy

Everyone believer would raise a voice, that's natural.
Better to opt for silence and put a final full stop to this discussion even before it starts. Close the doors to Darwin's Monkeys.  ;)

@Aragorn & Vakarian

It's romantic to die young, rather than an old toothless, wrinkled, feeble, rotten, worm-sized old man.  ;)

But still Ara, you will not find me as an occupant of the mental hospital if ever you are going.  ;D

P.S. Would eternal life be boring?

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2009, 12:29:22 pm »
I guess eternal life wouldn't be boring if one had ambitions to progress in growth of knowledge and love...

Depends on one's attitude towards life...
Relax, enjoy and be LAZY!

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2009, 10:31:43 pm »

P.S. Would eternal life be boring?

if we gonna keep growing old then yea, as soon as we hit the 60-70 milestone then i'd rather commit suicide than live as an over-dependent baldie who needs a stick to walk around for a couple hundred years
BUT, if i can keep the physicuq of my youth then nah actually it will keep getting more exciting
Nothing is worse than being surrounded by people and yet you still feel lonely

Alpha

« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2009, 12:24:56 am »
@Stacey

Many people are ambitious... But where eternity is concerned, the question to be asked is: Till how long can they remain ambitious?

Knowledge and love, once people would have attained them, they would need other 'ambitions' to survive...

@Omer

Yup, I wouldn't be surprised if you committed suicide... Now even when life is so short, many people find reasons to kill themselves... Now imagine when living would be forever... ;D

Your physique...  ::) Still am unsure, <more and more exciting>, for how long "exciting"??

Ya, maybe for space exploration, eternal life is gonna be 'profitable'... The intelligentsia will be there forever (like Leonardo)... But the fools would also be there (like Hitler)...

People should also stop producing... We would need free space for the unborn else!

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2009, 10:32:39 am »
@Omer

Yup, I wouldn't be surprised if you committed suicide... Now even when life is so short, many people find reasons to kill themselves... Now imagine when living would be forever... ;D
yea thats another good point

Ya, maybe for space exploration, eternal life is gonna be 'profitable'... The intelligentsia will be there forever (like Leonardo)... But the fools would also be there (like Hitler)...
not just space, but science and research in general would be gaining quite a lot of benefit, but on the other hand, having so much greats from the renaissance could have putted of some of the more contemporary science greats like Madame Currie or Einstein for example. and yea well the fools can always be jailed with apes or whatever lol

Your physique...  ::) Still am unsure, <more and more exciting>, for how long "exciting"??
and yea about how long will it be exciting, its gonna be exciting for quite a lot of time
one thing that i am sure ill do if i can live eternally will be explore the entire world, country by country, culture by culture, i am sure this will take me nothing less than a decade if not more. then theres also trying all proffessions, spend 2 decades as a doctor, then a decade as a software engineer, then a dozen at a high school, then another dozen at university teaching, then a dozen as a researcher, then maybe turn around to sports, be a footballer for a dozen years, then a track & field athlete, then go for gymnastics, then swimming then synchronized swimming, then turn around for the dreamy world and go for being an author then a painter then a sculptor and so on....
so all in all if i can live eternally, i am fairly sure that i will live happily for at least 150-250 years  :D

People should also stop producing... We would need free space for the unborn else!
i was just about to mention the population thing lol

Alpha

« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2009, 12:35:32 pm »
not just space, but science and research in general would be gaining quite a lot of benefit, but on the other hand, having so much greats from the renaissance could have putted of some of the more contemporary science greats like Madame Currie or Einstein for example. and yea well the fools can always be jailed with apes or whatever lol

Can be... Not sure they will be... No more genocides, I hope...
and yea about how long will it be exciting, its gonna be exciting for quite a lot of time
one thing that i am sure ill do if i can live eternally will be explore the entire world, country by country, culture by culture, i am sure this will take me nothing less than a decade if not more. then theres also trying all proffessions, spend 2 decades as a doctor, then a decade as a software engineer, then a dozen at a high school, then another dozen at university teaching, then a dozen as a researcher, then maybe turn around to sports, be a footballer for a dozen years, then a track & field athlete, then go for gymnastics, then swimming then synchronized swimming, then turn around for the dreamy world and go for being an author then a painter then a sculptor and so on....
so all in all if i can live eternally, i am fairly sure that i will live happily for at least 150-250 years  Cheesy

Okay, eternally, 250 years would seem like a drop in the ocean!! And what about the future INFINITE years..?  ;) ;)

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2009, 04:24:09 pm »
Can be... Not sure they will be... No more genocides, I hope...
actually, with the potential population problem i think genocide will always be increasing

Okay, eternally, 250 years would seem like a drop in the ocean!! And what about the future INFINITE years..?  ;) ;)

then i go to space exploration and live in the moon or something :P
well idk, but i dont think that its gonna get too boring, yea, you can live your first 250 years without kids, then raise them for another 250 (if we're immortal then the legal age will be 100 or something lol)

Alpha

« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2009, 03:51:19 pm »
actually, with the potential population problem i think genocide will always be increasing

then i go to space exploration and live in the moon or something :P
well idk, but i dont think that its gonna get too boring, yea, you can live your first 250 years without kids, then raise them for another 250 (if we're immortal then the legal age will be 100 or something lol)

And the next 2500 years, what will you do??  :P :P :P

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2009, 07:15:45 pm »
And the next 2500 years, what will you do??  :P :P :P

then will be a good time to commit suicide  :D

Alpha

« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2009, 06:56:26 am »
then will be a good time to commit suicide  :D

Ohhhhhh wait!!! You already gave up??  :P :P :P :P

What about the next 25 000, 250 000, 2 500 000 years to come?  ;) :P :P :P :D

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2009, 11:25:37 am »
Ohhhhhh wait!!! You already gave up??  :P :P :P :P

What about the next 25 000, 250 000, 2 500 000 years to come?  ;) :P :P :P :D

oh i know! i can invent a time machine and live the previous few million years, and maybe take a dinosaur pet!
but on a more serious note, provided youth is preserved, ther're too many things to do i dont think you will get bored too easily, there many things that we have missed on that were practiced in past civilizations, and many more things that we cna wait for, like take a pet robot or go to Mars on vacation