Author Topic: economics paper................how was is it??? help please........  (Read 1196 times)

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
hey guys how was ur eco paper.......plzz listen currently i am very scared i did bad.................even though.........i got a's in past papers n everything............see m worried about my essay as  i couldnt keep a good flow................mmm
ne ways i did qestion 2 in section B
question was easy m scared didnt write enough
a) explain effect of subsidy on govt and consumer expanditure
b) Discuss the reduced airfare on a low budget airline on its market and the markets related...

plzzz answer in brief what all i should a incldudde thnkassss

Offline Tyserius

• Actuary Wannabe
  • SF Geek
  • You are who you choose to become
Re: economics paper................how was is it??? help please........
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 08:20:21 pm »
To me, for part B, I think you should discuss about the following few concepts (not all but pick and elaborate) :

First, of course explain any terms that needs clarification such as the definition of the elasticities and stuff like that. Then, elaborate on the following :
a) Effect on demand for air travel (Elasticity)
b) Effect on other sectors such as tourism (Complements - Cross Elasticity of Demand)
c) Limitations (Income changes, political disturbances affecting tourism, domestic travels may have other alternatives)

Well, I'm not really good with econs myself, but that's what I think you should talk about? Haha. All the best anyway D:
Take it easy and go slow and steady.

Offline pastyear

• SF Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 03:37:13 am »
Hey i get the same question paper with you all guys
However i answered question 4.
Part (a) is the aims and features of free trade area and economic union.
If the aims i write the benefit of free trade and economic union to members , it is right ?

Please give some opinions!!! thanks

Offline Tyserius

• Actuary Wannabe
  • SF Geek
  • You are who you choose to become
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 06:23:29 am »
They said aims, not benefits. Which means that you were supposed to discuss the purposes and only explain a bit about the benefits which caused them to implement such things. Well, I don't know. I did the lighthouse and lightbulb question lol.
Take it easy and go slow and steady.

Offline NzJames

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 03:22:33 am »
bro from what i've seen everyone has found that paper sh*t...I aswell was getting A's in mock exams but i feel i've done sh*t in that paper, I did the same question as you aswell. Lets just all pray for some mega scaling

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 07:29:12 am »
hey this is what i did..........u decide on how much you would give me.......
in a)
i first defined subsidy and then drew diagram on effect of subsiy.......next i drew another diagram shading the govt expenditure showing its increase...............and explaining it and then i drew one more diagram shading the fall in producer expenditure and xplaing it.........8 marks questiion wat would u mark me
b)
first described effect on good with diagram..........fall in price , higher supply more demand. then i referred to its elastcity and  how it would effect the change
then i defined substitutes and compliment good
then for each said the XED as positive or negative and showed therir effects with a diagram eg. increas deman and price forcompliment and fall for substitutes lastly

i said that if it was inferior airline then income changes may affect it.........and referred to the income elasticity of demanm.........it was 12 marks however i feel my discussion was very less at the end.....mark me

Offline pastyear

• SF Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 11:48:03 am »
My friend did answered this question.
part (a) my he had talk about different elasticity on the ss curve
(b) yes there are YED but i am no so sure

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 03:09:23 pm »
please people mark........me m very nervous.............though in my mcq past papers i easily get A.................but someone tel the lowest marks u could gave me.....wont take much time.....