Author Topic: Economics  (Read 1310 times)

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
Economics
« on: October 26, 2009, 10:53:16 am »
hey guys does neone have any useful suggestion in writing essay type answers for economics..........plz reply

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
Re: Economics
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:19:25 am »
Please somebody reply........my exam is near.......some times what i write does not have a flow...................wat would ya suggest......to keep a flow in the writeup......sometimes when u have to discuss after talking about the benefits and writing about flaws suddenly i remmebr more poionts of benefits..........then it looks very untidy.......and all that

Offline lucien2a

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 03:59:10 am »
If your essay dont have flow , try to use some connection words like in addition, moreover,furthermore or then.
Put one point in one parragraph and start your explanation on that parragraph.
good luck for your exam.

Offline hetarth

• if u wanna study do it , for yourself - my dad
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 12:12:18 pm »
to tell u d truth how do u write an english argumentative or discursive essay? try dat d same way

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:07:38 am »
thanks guys

Offline pastyear

• SF Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 11:11:51 am »
welcome. Good luck

Alpha

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 11:56:03 am »
Start with an intro...

And then discuss, explain, analyse, justify, comment on the pros and cons. (In different paragraphs, preferably).

Marks are given for two-faced discussion. Both advantages and disadvantages.

And in your conclusion, evaluate/ justify clearly your point of view, with reasonable arguments. Balance both the sides of your discussion and make a judgement based on the relative importance of the pros and cons, or the elements identified.

The main difference between an English essay and an Economic one is that your point of view and judgement in an Economic essay must imperatively be given at the END of your essay, after evaluating ALL your arguments.

Marks are separated for Identification, Knowledge & Understanding, Analysis (within the context), Evaluation & Clear justification.

Check out for words like: Describe, analyse critically, how far do you agree, evaluate, ....

And when evaluating, these may help: On the light of the above discussions, on a more balanced argument, on a final basis...

Why don't you check the mark schemes? It'll help you.

Offline Tyserius

• Actuary Wannabe
  • SF Geek
  • You are who you choose to become
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 05:49:12 pm »
Hmmm.. I have a problem with Economics too. Especially for the essays. The thing is, my lecturer keeps telling me that us as science students are not dynamic enough. Not critical enough. Moreover, not convincing enough and sometimes the points are left hanging. I have no idea how to improve on that, lol seriously. It's not easy to do it in a night. I suggest you look for model essays online or in any books for reference as it may help you think more critically. Remember these few things though. IDENTIFY, EXPLAIN, EVALUATE.
Take it easy and go slow and steady.