Author Topic: Are extrnal/private candidates penalized by university?  (Read 1132 times)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Are extrnal/private candidates penalized by university?
« on: February 05, 2010, 10:03:14 am »
I phoned cambridge/ucl/oxford about this and asked if it would make a difference in the grades you would need to get for medicine. All said no difference. Personally I think it is not better to sit as an external candidate cos the grades are harder to get.

Amr Fouad

Re: Are extrnal/private candidates penalized by university?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 09:08:28 pm »
I phoned cambridge/ucl/oxford about this and asked if it would make a difference in the grades you would need to get for medicine. All said no difference. Personally I think it is not better to sit as an external candidate cos the grades are harder to get.

Sir,
I am an A-level Student who's in grade 11. I achieved 8 A*s and 1 A in 1 session (June 2009). This year I'am taking, as an external/private student, Maths, Physics, and Chemistry A-levels (AS and A2), ALL IN 1 YEAR! I know that seems a bit crazy, but truly it's not that hard. I believe that it all depends on the teacher. Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice..

(waiting for my AS results in march!! Need your prayers Sir!!)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 01:12:23 am »
You have them

Offline Dr.Black Knight

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:42:44 pm »
so you mean they don't care about it?