Author Topic: How do I find a Teacher/Tutor to Mark AS Level coursework?  (Read 981 times)

Offline lemonx

How do I find a Teacher/Tutor to Mark AS Level coursework?
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:13:28 pm »
Hello, I am doing AS LEVEL exams next May/June at a Private Exam Centre, but I need a Teacher/Tutor who is familiar with the Exam boards to mark the coursework.

I have been home-educated but obviously need somebody outside my family to mark the work.

I've looked into the company Oxford Home Schooling, but they don't do one of the subjects I am doing and they charge an exorbitant amount of money,

The subjects I am doing are:

Art and Design, English Language, English Literature and Religious Studies. But with Religious Studies there is no coursework!

How do I find a Teacher/Tutor who similarly to Oxford Home schooling I can have contact with them over the phone to talk about the work set for me, and they mark the work etc.

?? Help

nid404

Re: How do I find a Teacher/Tutor to Mark AS Level coursework?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:15:06 pm »
Where do you stay...UK??

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:22:07 pm »
I have marked gcse coursework before. I dont know what experience you need to mark a level coursework though. It shouldnt cost much though. Would only take half am hour for an experienced marker. The distance learning people depend on your desperation.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:34:19 pm »
Edexcel seem to think you only need to be a qualified teacher. This is what they just told me.