Author Topic: worried  (Read 1727 times)

Offline winnie101

• SF Immigrant
worried
« on: August 17, 2009, 12:56:49 pm »
hey,
im starting AS level in Sept. didnt prepare for it , i mean after IG's nothing.....just waited for the results. and now that summer is going to be over im worried that i should've solved some papers. need some encouragement, if i just study with wat the teachers start it will be enough for me to do well in the exams right?
Thanks

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: worried
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:59:58 pm »
Get started on reading an A level book

Offline otivaeey

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 03:42:56 pm »
Summary: Do Pass Year Exam Papers, do notes, know how to refer, sacrifice time, study happy, teach yourself, feel the briefness of time.

Get ALL THE PASS YEAR EXAM PAPERS done, despite you got just less than 2 months time. Start doing notes for your everyday review and near-exam revision by getting a notepad with you always. If you don't know how to deal with difficult questions, refer textbooks and lecture notes. Consult friends and teachers immediately when you cracked your head totally.

For the encouragement, always think you are a Professional Student. A Professional Student (1) get as much resources as possible (2)refer external sources proficiently(3)can sacrifice time to study(4)put away stresses and worries during studies.

If you don't do notes, you will feel loss and don't know how to start your revision. Notes are a way to appreciate what you have learned in the day instead from being loss in your short-term memory. So, RECORD NEARLY EVERYTHING about your subject, even those "easy job".

When you teach your friend on the subjects, you can remember best, as the act of teaching somebody foster better memory. But if you don't have anybody to teach to, just teach yourself by repeating the method one to two times.

If you are really bad in your subject(s), go for tuition. Never despise the power of tuition, it saves your future in a way FAST & FURIOUS. However, it's no joke.

I'm sure 2 months time is not enough for everyone, because there'll be a trial exam soon in your school, right? Now then you have <1 month left.

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:40:26 am »
Summary: Do Pass Year Exam Papers, do notes, know how to refer, sacrifice time, study happy, teach yourself, feel the briefness of time.

Get ALL THE PASS YEAR EXAM PAPERS done, despite you got just less than 2 months time. Start doing notes for your everyday review and near-exam revision by getting a notepad with you always. If you don't know how to deal with difficult questions, refer textbooks and lecture notes. Consult friends and teachers immediately when you cracked your head totally.

For the encouragement, always think you are a Professional Student. A Professional Student (1) get as much resources as possible (2)refer external sources proficiently(3)can sacrifice time to study(4)put away stresses and worries during studies.

If you don't do notes, you will feel loss and don't know how to start your revision. Notes are a way to appreciate what you have learned in the day instead from being loss in your short-term memory. So, RECORD NEARLY EVERYTHING about your subject, even those "easy job".

When you teach your friend on the subjects, you can remember best, as the act of teaching somebody foster better memory. But if you don't have anybody to teach to, just teach yourself by repeating the method one to two times.

If you are really bad in your subject(s), go for tuition. Never despise the power of tuition, it saves your future in a way FAST & FURIOUS. However, it's no joke.

I'm sure 2 months time is not enough for everyone, because there'll be a trial exam soon in your school, right? Now then you have <1 month left.
i think she is starting with As levels in sept she is not appearing for dem in oct/nov
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

Offline otivaeey

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 03:11:14 pm »
ah, must read a-level textbooks, don't rely fully on notes too. Best textbooks are such as Nelkon for physics... and those sixth or seventh edition ones.

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 02:53:46 pm »
wht text book s wuld u recommend for A-level chem n phsics
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

Offline winnie101

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 08:41:42 am »
ya ive just given ig's and am going to start as level, not appearing for the exams yet.

Offline otivaeey

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 03:16:46 pm »
well, sometimes you need to go one way ahead ???your a level syllab?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????