Author Topic: How To Get Into Yale University?  (Read 4402 times)

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
Re: How To Get Into Yale University?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 11:52:21 am »
I know a girl that got accepted into Yale's with an unweighted GPA of 4.1. She was doing IB though not A-Levels, I can ask for you how many IB subjects she had... IB is similar to A - Levels though. She participated in a lot of extra-curriculum activities but she only wrote down 5 on her application (maximum), she took part in a lot of non-academic activities (outside school).

I can ask specifically for you if needed.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:03:18 pm by el.diablo »

Offline omega007

• SF Geek
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 01:55:46 pm »
Please do ask el.diablo....i would be really happy.....Ask her about her SAT (1 and 2) scores also.....Also please find out about someone doing A-Levels.

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 04:12:08 pm »
Omega,

Sorry for the late reply... was occupied with a lot of things. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with A-Level's that got accepted. I think she took the ACT with writing component instead of the SAT Subjects. The thing admissions liked about her was that she balanced her school work with a looot of extra-curricular activities and she was involved with a lot of things outside school like horse-riding and sports.

Offline slvri

• SF Master
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 08:02:28 pm »
a girl frm our school got into yale this year. she had 5 a's in a level. apart from dat im told her essays and sat scores were extremely good n she also helped in organising events like MUN and olympiad etc.
n tell me something.......do internships count in the selection process in universities abroad? ive done 2...100 hours in a hospital and 250 hours in a bank
i hate A level...........

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 09:06:10 pm »
a girl frm our school got into yale this year. she had 5 a's in a level. apart from dat im told her essays and sat scores were extremely good n she also helped in organising events like MUN and olympiad etc.
n tell me something.......do internships count in the selection process in universities abroad? ive done 2...100 hours in a hospital and 250 hours in a bank
That would look good on your resume and will help you.
By the way, did she do 5 A-Levels in 1 year? or AS+A2 in 2 years?

Offline slvri

• SF Master
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 10:16:01 am »
as+a2 in 2 years
i hate A level...........