Author Topic: im starting AS levels  (Read 1083 times)

Offline victorfrost

• SF Immigrant
im starting AS levels
« on: August 10, 2009, 11:20:55 am »
any tips i should keep in mind since im new to AS levels

Offline SuperSuper

Re: im starting AS levels
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 12:09:04 pm »
haha...
i just finished my A level this june
and dude you don't know how happy I feel
My tips:
from my experience the questions in the exams are somewhat always ''unexpected''
what do i mean by unexpected here?
they ask things that I don't pay attention to
for example:
in my last bio exam a picture of a seed came out and i was asked to give names to the parts of that seed
I remembered that picture is in the book on page xxx on the left side of the page
and one hour before exam i was still busily staring on that page because I need to memorize something
and i skipped that picture because i thought it wasn't really connected to the things written on that page
and o my god i swear i regretted it sooooooooooooo much...
it costs me damn 4 points
i could give you other examples but...it will make me regret it more, so i'll just stop there, k?
one important tips that i could give u..
stick to your cambridge book ..don't read campbell, longman, etc. It's confusing(well...at least for me) because sometimes they add some unnecessary extra information that makes my brain went nuts (it's not necessary anyways to have these 'extra information' because it will NEVER come out in the real test, believe me)
remember everything in your book (this method works extremely well for bio and chem)
and last but not least
don't u ever dare to think about quitting..or giving up, no pain no gain(seriously for A level no pain is really no gain, you study lazily you won't get good scores. It's a fact. I have genius friend who wins in international science olympics but her A level is not really satisfactory. why? she was too busy flying from one place to another for science olympics that she skipped lessons so often and A level is not something you can learn in one blink of an eye. She tried hardest in the last 3-4 months but she just can't )
and i wish you a happy A level season...
may jesus blesses you dear ~_~

Offline victorfrost

• SF Immigrant
Re: im starting AS levels
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 04:25:23 pm »
thank u very very much for ur help and tips.i will ry and do my best
but i hink he problem is tha im just too lazy im not a big fan of studies.
i dont how i can someway get attracted to it or somethin