Author Topic: Physics O level Paper 3 !!! wanna ask some questions  (Read 942 times)

Offline egymoha

Physics O level Paper 3 !!! wanna ask some questions
« on: June 12, 2009, 03:09:47 pm »
hey how are u guys,,, i've recently done the physics paper 3 exam and i was wondering if some one ,,, can tell me the answer to the question of the pressure where he said (state the pressure of the finger on the nail ) and the other question about pressure where he said that the area will increase but the height will remain the same,,,, what will be the new pressure ????

Will it be the same????

please if someone knows the answers to these questions please tell me!!!!!!!!

Offline Ghost Of Highbury

• O_o_O lala!
  • SF Farseer
  • Namaskaram!
Re: Physics O level Paper 3 !!! wanna ask some questions
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:18:02 pm »
hello
though i have not taken the exam
i can give u some info. abt the pressure because both of the questions u wrote are related to pressure

the area is inversely proportional to pressure
in the case of nail
the nail with a larger base area will exert less pressure on the surface if the same amount of force is acted on one with a smaller bsae

though in case of liquids
it is not related to area
the pressure of a liquid = height of the container * density of liquid * 10m/s2(the acceleration due to gravity)

if the question said that the area of the base is increased, the pressure of the liquid will not change if the container is ths same

but if the container's height was increases or a liquid with a greater density was used the pressure of the liquid will rise

hope this helped u
thanks/
divine intervention!

Offline godfather93

• SF Senior Citizen
  • Tomorrow is a day that changes everyday
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:20:36 pm »
hello
though i have not taken the exam
i can give u some info. abt the pressure because both of the questions u wrote are related to pressure

the area is inversely proportional to pressure
in the case of nail
the nail with a larger base area will exert less pressure on the surface if the same amount of force is acted on one with a smaller bsae

though in case of liquids
it is not related to area
the pressure of a liquid = height of the container * density of liquid * 10m/s2(the acceleration due to gravity)

if the question said that the area of the base is increased, the pressure of the liquid will not change if the container is ths same

but if the container's height was increases or a liquid with a greater density was used the pressure of the liquid will rise

hope this helped u
thanks/

it's not 10m/s2, it's 10N/kg, isn't it?

Offline Ghost Of Highbury

• O_o_O lala!
  • SF Farseer
  • Namaskaram!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:21:33 pm »
the acceleration due to gravity is 10m/s^2
divine intervention!