Author Topic: Physics ppr 1 Discussion Here only!  (Read 18661 times)

Offline robot_avenger

Physics ppr 1 Discussion Here only!
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:14:42 am »
Hey guys it's been 24 hours since the ppr 1 physics...How'd we all do?

Offline Christy

• SF Citizen
Re: Physics ppr 1 Discussion Here only!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 06:41:40 am »
tricky .. but alright

Offline mr_scholes

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 06:47:21 am »
if u widen the barometer tube, will the reding change?

Offline Christy

• SF Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 06:50:24 am »
ya i guess .. i did the lower one done remember if its B or C .. cause atmospheric pressure doesnt change only the baro is wider so it changes

Offline sarcasm

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 06:52:06 am »
can we pls use only one thread?/ :-\ :-\
the thukon one,, its more developed anyway ;D ;D ;D
SARCASTIC PEOPLE LIKE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY .............

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 07:31:08 am »
the height or mercury only depend on the vertical height..so i put as B same length...as its height is not changing i dono????
everyday we wake up is a miracle, then how do we say miracles dont happen?????

Offline robot_avenger

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 07:37:30 am »
the height or mercury only depend on the vertical height..so i put as B same length...as its height is not changing i dono????
Ur right...thr's no relationship between cross-sectional area and the height of the mercury....
The formula for Pressure in Fluids is = hdg...Height gravity and gravity.....since gravity is the same and so is the density and so is atmospheric pressure height wont change

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 07:39:30 am »
Ur right...thr's no relationship between cross-sectional area and the height of the mercury....
The formula for Pressure in Fluids is = hdg...Height gravity and gravity.....since gravity is the same and so is the density and so is atmospheric pressure height wont change

:D :D thxxx...wat did u do for the echo the guy standing on the cliff??

Offline zmnigcse

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 07:40:31 am »
Yes, the reading is at the same height. (:

The paper was really tricky man  :-[

And erm, are both the circuit breaker and the fuse in the live wire?
And what was the answer to that fire question?  :-\

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 07:43:24 am »
100% Correct.....

Guys what did you write for the fuse question and the other one regarding the placement of a fuse or a circuit breaker?

For fuse I chose 1A ... not so sure and for the other question I chose the position of both the fuse and the circuit breaker at X (live wire)... am I correct  ???

The echo for the click was the ZY position (not sure of the abbriviations) but it was the one with the short distant wall.

For the copper&wood question... I didn't choose copper at all because it's a good conductor of heat and the whole thing will be really hot .. so it was obviously the other end of the wood?

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 07:45:41 am »
100% Correct.....

Guys what did you write for the fuse question and the other one regarding the placement of a fuse or a circuit breaker?

For fuse I chose 1A ... not so sure and for the other question I chose the position of both the fuse and the circuit breaker at X (live wire)... am I correct  ???

The echo for the click was the ZY position (not sure of the abbriviations) but it was the one with the short distant wall.

For the copper&wood question... I didn't choose copper at all because it's a good conductor of heat and the whole thing will be really hot .. so it was obviously the other end of the wood?

yup, i got the same answers as you  :D

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 07:49:23 am »
100% Correct.....

yup its all correct ;D

Offline robot_avenger

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 07:53:00 am »
100% Correct.....

yup its all correct ;D

I agree with you 10000000% :)...Nice Job  ;D

Offline Sweet_03

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 07:53:59 am »
Meee ..

For the barometer tube , First i chose B .. then rubbed it and chose C : (
For the echo , i chosed XW(im not sure about the letters) .. but its the shortest wall under the source of sound
For the Fuse .. The circiut breaker in the live wire ( at X ) .. and the fuse at y ..
For the cooper .. me too .. i chosed the other end of the wood

indeed , it was tricky

Offline unknown

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 07:58:07 am »
wht was d ans to d fuse q tht 0.25a n al tht i dnt remember d q exactly n ya also d ruler 1 nearest mm i chose as 0.764
i feel barometer is b bcz cross section area doesnt affect d pressure
d fuse n live wire thingy was x n x i guess mostly correct
n ya wht was tht magnet n tht p q
i wrote c p=south n q=north n ya ne more doubts plz put up asap