Author Topic: Physics ppr 1 Discussion Here only!  (Read 18658 times)

Offline IBO

Re: Physics ppr 1 Discussion Here only!
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2009, 09:52:18 am »
ya i guess .. i did the lower one done remember if its B or C .. cause atmospheric pressure doesnt change only the baro is wider so it changes

It's C am positivly sure
\m/

Offline Mastermind

• SF Citizen
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2009, 09:53:42 am »
the power question was the person running up the slipway or whatever it was, directly up to the top, because power is calculated by the formula energy over time or in this case, work done over time, and this means that the smallest possible time would give the biggest power, so i chose the person who went straight up the slope.

the magnetic field question if it was question 17 with the magnet and 4 compasses, was c which was the compass on the right of the magnet as it was the only compass that actually lay on the magnetic field.

cheers =) and im pretty sure boundary will be 35 or less, it was a pretty tough paper...
Oh yea....the smallest time = More Power....lost that 1
"Relax & take notes, Imma give you great quotes"

Offline Priceless

• SF Master
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2009, 09:54:57 am »
@mr.bombastic: lol....hez a very helpful person n a gr8 person n frnd n one of da best tutors......yes very glad hez here 4 us :)
Don't say "God I have tooo many problems" but say "Problems I have God!"   Gud Luck 2 all 4 xams. Hope v all du well.....fingers crossed LOL

Offline IBO

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2009, 09:55:43 am »
100% Correct.....
Guys what did you write for the fuse question and the other one regarding the placement of a fuse or a circuit breaker?

For fuse I chose 1A ... not so sure and for the other question I chose the position of both the fuse and the circuit breaker at X (live wire)... am I correct  ???

The echo for the click was the ZY position (not sure of the abbriviations) but it was the one with the short distant wall.

For the copper&wood question... I didn't choose copper at all because it's a good conductor of heat and the whole thing will be really hot .. so it was obviously the other end of the wood?
[/quote]
that's correct, n fuse and circuit breaker both lies in the live wire,
and dude is it really ZY cuz I want the true answer
\m/

Offline omar abbassy

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2009, 09:59:37 am »
oh man i pray the threshold ain't 35 i did exactly seven mistakes hope its 33
the strange thing is i did perfectly well in paper 3 and 6
i always screw up in paper 1

Offline Mastermind

• SF Citizen
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2009, 10:03:15 am »
oh man i pray the threshold ain't 35 i did exactly seven mistakes hope its 33
the strange thing is i did perfectly well in paper 3 and 6
i always screw up in paper 1
Yup, i got bout 5 wrong now....
"Relax & take notes, Imma give you great quotes"

Offline bball92

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2009, 10:04:34 am »
100% Correct.....
Guys what did you write for the fuse question and the other one regarding the placement of a fuse or a circuit breaker?

For fuse I chose 1A ... not so sure and for the other question I chose the position of both the fuse and the circuit breaker at X (live wire)... am I correct  ???

The echo for the click was the ZY position (not sure of the abbriviations) but it was the one with the short distant wall.

For the copper&wood question... I didn't choose copper at all because it's a good conductor of heat and the whole thing will be really hot .. so it was obviously the other end of the wood?

[/quote]

Fuse was 1A as it was the fuse directly above tha amount of current required for appliance (bulb) to work to its maximum potential.

Fuse and circuit breaker i put fuse on live wire but circuit breaker in the circuit so in the other position, not sure whether its right though.

Echo was ZY :P it was pastpaper qn and i got it wrong so i knew the right answer in exam

i got the copper wood  i got same answer which was A, the wood end of the tube thing

Offline noor92

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2009, 10:12:13 am »
For the one where they were running I assumed the people who were running across the beach and up the ladder ran a further distance than the people running directly up the slope so Work Done = Force x Distance
That's why I chose the person who ran across the beach and up the ladder while taking less time therefore more power.

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2009, 10:18:23 am »
it was the person who runs up the slip way with the least tym if u wanna chk try this out take any values for the beach suppose 6 n for the height of the ladder suppose 2 den calculate the slipway's length using pythagoras den use the formula power= energy/time since they already mentioned their weights are same that means the forces are equal take a value for the force calculate workdone= energy
u will get ur answers
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2009, 10:27:44 am »
100% Correct.....

[/quote]
Hello, yes i'm pretty sure that it was the small distant wall which was ZY I think, I did that in a past paper before the exam by a day. The question was still fresh in my head.

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2009, 10:28:43 am »
it was ZY IM SURE
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

Offline Bani

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2009, 10:39:05 am »
wat abt dat barometer one????? whch postition will t get? n secondly wat abt dat smoke ques???
Barometer, the height will be the same.. as for the smoke question it's because it's less dense than air.

Thanks....

Mmm, for the smoke question, I don't think its because air is always less dense at high temperatures ....there is nolink b/w temperature and density....

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2009, 10:48:59 am »
wat abt dat barometer one????? whch postition will t get? n secondly wat abt dat smoke ques???
Barometer, the height will be the same.. as for the smoke question it's because it's less dense than air.

Thanks....

Mmm, for the smoke question, I don't think its because air is always less dense at high temperatures ....there is nolink b/w temperature and density....

Do you understand why the freezer in a refrigerator is placed at the top?
Because cold particles become more dense than air, thus they move downwards... so that's how it cools the 2nd fridge chamber under it and vice versa.

Bottom line, smoke has higher temperature.... becomes less dense than air.. and moves upward..

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2009, 10:50:50 am »
And plus!! Even if you don't understand that concept..... the other selections did not make sense at all....

Offline MaNa

• SF Overlord
  • InV!ncIbl3!!!!!!
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2009, 10:53:39 am »
for the power one i wrote 5 sec one cus less time greatest poswer
n the barometer it was B so obvious
n the eco i wrote the walla which was on the right side
cuz it was the shortest distance:)
am i vorrect?
All ur dreams are made,when you're changed to a mirror and the razor blade!!!