Author Topic: Physics ppr 1 Discussion Here only!  (Read 18275 times)

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
Re: Physics ppr 1 Discussion Here only!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:37 am »
the height or mercury only depend on the vertical height..so i put as B same length...as its height is not changing i dono????
Ur right...thr's no relationship between cross-sectional area and the height of the mercury....
The formula for Pressure in Fluids is = hdg...Height gravity and gravity.....since gravity is the same and so is the density and so is atmospheric pressure height wont change
100% Correct.....

Guys what did you write for the fuse question and the other one regarding the placement of a fuse or a circuit breaker?

For fuse I chose 1A ... not so sure and for the other question I chose the position of both the fuse and the circuit breaker at X (live wire)... am I correct  ???

The echo for the click was the ZY position (not sure of the abbriviations) but it was the one with the short distant wall.

For the copper&wood question... I didn't choose copper at all because it's a good conductor of heat and the whole thing will be really hot .. so it was obviously the other end of the wood?
for the echo thing im 100% sure it was zy because it was a repeated question i saw the answer in the marking scheme
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

Offline unknown

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 08:03:21 am »
the height or mercury only depend on the vertical height..so i put as B same length...as its height is not changing i dono????
Ur right...thr's no relationship between cross-sectional area and the height of the mercury....
The formula for Pressure in Fluids is = hdg...Height gravity and gravity.....since gravity is the same and so is the density and so is atmospheric pressure height wont change
100% Correct.....

Guys what did you write for the fuse question and the other one regarding the placement of a fuse or a circuit breaker?

For fuse I chose 1A ... not so sure and for the other question I chose the position of both the fuse and the circuit breaker at X (live wire)... am I correct  ???

The echo for the click was the ZY position (not sure of the abbriviations) but it was the one with the short distant wall.

For the copper&wood question... I didn't choose copper at all because it's a good conductor of heat and the whole thing will be really hot .. so it was obviously the other end of the wood?
for the echo thing im 100% sure it was zy because it was a repeated question i saw the answer in the marking scheme
yeah it was a repeated q d ans was c thts zy

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 08:06:28 am »
100% Correct.....

Yes it was repeated actually :P , I've done 16 past papers 2 days before the exam lool. Well, I guess my doubts are done... however I just wanted to make sure of a few other things.

First question... was the answer 50m/s?
Third.... 0.764m ?

And the average power... was it the one where the person runs up the slide thing ?

Offline unknown

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 08:09:39 am »
100% Correct.....

Yes it was repeated actually :P , I've done 16 past papers 2 days before the exam lool. Well, I guess my doubts are done... however I just wanted to make sure of a few other things.

First question... was the answer 50m/s?
Third.... 0.764m ?

And the average power... was it the one where the person runs up the slide thing ?
its al correct i m sure abt these atleast

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 08:11:36 am »
wht was d ans to d fuse q tht 0.25a n al tht i dnt remember d q exactly n ya also d ruler 1 nearest mm i chose as 0.764
i feel barometer is b bcz cross section area doesnt affect d pressure
d fuse n live wire thingy was x n x i guess mostly correct
n ya wht was tht magnet n tht p q
i wrote c p=south n q=north n ya ne more doubts plz put up asap

i dont remember the fuse...the barometer is correct..its all correct im not sure about the first one though..wat was the magnetic effect *the compass*??????direction???
everyday we wake up is a miracle, then how do we say miracles dont happen?????

Offline bibo the wa7sh

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 08:12:31 am »
waT iS the answer for the energy thingy....hyrolectric...nuclear?? :o
nD the one for the waves from deep to shaLLow wHat haPPenS?? :-X ???
number 39 ....do we substract 4 or 2 from 138??

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 08:13:37 am »
Alright then  :D, thanks a lot guys. Now I can go on with my chemistry! Good luck for those who are doing Chemistry tomorrow :)!

And I hope that we have all done well on this paper, and I do agree that it was really tricky :)

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 08:15:54 am »

I wrote hydroelectric;
For waves.... I think I chose C because the speed changes and so does the direction;
138>2+136 ... um so the answer was 136.. I guess?

Offline XaM!!

• SF Master
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 08:16:21 am »
wat abt dat barometer one????? whch postition will t get? n secondly wat abt dat smoke ques???
Dnt walk As iF u RulE da WorLd..... Walk As if U dOnT CarE wHO RuLzz It.......

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 08:17:16 am »

it was 136 u subtract 2 n the energy thingy was hydroelectric because the energy produced in a nuclear power station is used to heat water to produce steam
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 08:18:06 am »
wat abt dat barometer one????? whch postition will t get? n secondly wat abt dat smoke ques???
Barometer, the height will be the same.. as for the smoke question it's because it's less dense than air.

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 08:18:22 am »
barometer was same height n smoke was tht less denser air rises up

Offline unknown

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 08:18:36 am »

I wrote hydroelectric;
For waves.... I think I chose C because the speed changes and so does the direction;
138>2+136 ... um so the answer was 136.. I guess?
they asked d nutrons so y subtract only protons change nt nutrons

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 08:20:00 am »
wasnt the 1st answer 60m/s ?

and the echo wasnt it ... PV.. the side tht the girl was standing on ..?

and the one about the fuse ... I wrote 10A ...is it correct ?
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline 5555

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 08:22:27 am »
WOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOO thanks guyz. by da way wat do u guyz thnk will Chem be as easy as it was chem n phy..