Author Topic: Biology Paper 1 Discussion!  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Mastermind

• SF Citizen
Re: Biology Paper 1 Discussion!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 03:28:53 pm »
LOL!
"Relax & take notes, Imma give you great quotes"

Offline Dento

• SF Immigrant
  • "Oh, I Never Meant So"
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 03:31:42 pm »
guys , i had 4 mistakes but pretty sure of the others , what do ut hink i might get ?
and about the cilia thing , i wrote it traps bacteria . cilia are the hair like projections and they trap bacteria , they can beat too to move mucus , its a tricky one , but i checked it in a cambridge reader and it waas written that it traps bacteria !!

Offline bebo26

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 03:34:57 pm »
oh my god.. ahmed samir, is that really u?? the ahmed samir from manarat..
no,no,, is that really u??
hehehhehe

Offline Mastermind

• SF Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 03:36:13 pm »
guys , i had 4 mistakes but pretty sure of the others , what do ut hink i might get ?
and about the cilia thing , i wrote it traps bacteria . cilia are the hair like projections and they trap bacteria , they can beat too to move mucus , its a tricky one , but i checked it in a cambridge reader and it waas written that it traps bacteria !!
Exactly!
"Relax & take notes, Imma give you great quotes"

Offline AS girl

• SF Master
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 03:45:07 pm »
this question is in May/June 2005!! Check it out!
The answer is move mucus!!
If i fall along the way pick me up and dust me off...and if i get too tired to make it..be my breath so i can walk!!

Offline Cal-C-Vita

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 03:57:33 pm »
I got one mistake so far... and it was the STUPIDEST silly mistake ever!
The question about what do aphids lack in their diet, the right answer was fats (my friend logically explained later that plants don't have fats in them, DUH!)
whereas I thought 'Wait, xylem vessels carry water, phloem vessels carry everything else, and aphids eat phloem, so they don't have water!! ;D so easy ' lol I forgot to think twice that phloem vessels carry everything else (amino acids and sugar) in a solution (water) :-[
I'm kinda doubtful about the question on meiosis and mitosis, was it non-identical and for mitosis identical or the other way round? :s
Either way i didn't revise so I guess that's reason enough  :P

Offline AS girl

• SF Master
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 04:16:52 pm »
The question about what do aphids lack in their diet, the right answer was fats (my friend logically explained later that plants don't have fats in them, DUH!)
whereas I thought 'Wait, xylem vessels carry water, phloem vessels carry everything else, and aphids eat phloem, so they don't have water!! ;D so easy ' lol I forgot to think twice that phloem vessels carry everything else (amino acids and sugar) in a solution (water) :-[
I'm kinda doubtful about the question on meiosis and mitosis, was it non-identical and for mitosis identical or the other way round? :s

Do ur best in paper3 to catch up! ;)
If i fall along the way pick me up and dust me off...and if i get too tired to make it..be my breath so i can walk!!

Offline shafiq_92libra

• SF Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 04:17:51 pm »
mucus traps bacteria im sure of it
and den cilia moves da mucus
Manifest Destiny

Offline Cal-C-Vita

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 04:53:54 pm »

Do ur best in paper3 to catch up! ;)
Will do! Thanks and good luck ! ;)