Author Topic: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!  (Read 46940 times)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
Re: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!
« Reply #300 on: June 07, 2009, 06:41:36 am »
loool...!!
Ask.. O.T13, Panther and rfi....:P

"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

nid404

« Reply #301 on: June 07, 2009, 06:50:00 am »
The Lymphatic System:

-It is a collection of lymphvessels and glands
It has 3 main roles:

1. The return of tissue fluid to the blood in the form of lymph fluid This prevents fluid build-u in the tissues.
2. The production of lymphocytes.These are made in lymph glands such as the tonsils, adenoids, spleen. The glands become more active during an infection because they are producing and releasing large numbers of lymphocytes.
3.The absorption of fatty acids an glycerol from the small intestine. Each villus contains a  lacteal- a blind ending lymph vessel

Hope it helped    :)
thanks really helped :)

But let me make sure of one thing, is the lymphatic system more to a circulatory  one or immune system??
+rep :)

A lymphatic system is a system in itself....lol :P

Offline 17

• 10/06/09......SOOOOOOOON <3
« Reply #302 on: June 07, 2009, 06:52:28 am »
loool...!!
Ask.. O.T13, Panther and rfi....:P

haha i know all except O.T13 who is he in manarat?? looool
Weezy---> the best rapper alive <3

Offline 17

• 10/06/09......SOOOOOOOON <3
« Reply #303 on: June 07, 2009, 06:53:03 am »
The Lymphatic System:

It has 3 main roles:

1. The return of tissue fluid to the blood in the form of lymph fluid This prevents fluid build-u in the tissues.
2. The production of lymphocytes.These are made in lymph glands such as the tonsils, adenoids, spleen. The glands become more active during an infection because they are producing and releasing large numbers of lymphocytes.
3.The absorption of fatty acids an glycerol from the small intestine. Each villus contains a  lacteal- a blind ending lymph vessel

But let me make sure of one thing, is the lymphatic system more to a circulatory  one or immune system??

haha i know, i meant which does it help more or to which is it related to :P
Weezy---> the best rapper alive <3

nid404

« Reply #304 on: June 07, 2009, 07:12:13 am »
The Lymphatic System:

It has 3 main roles:

haha i know, i meant which does it help more or to which is it related to :P

haha but it is not related to any....it's a system in itself.don't confuse urself a day before the exam.....depth analysis(abt relationships of systems) can be done later.

Q80BOY

« Reply #305 on: June 07, 2009, 07:13:13 am »
nid ur a great helper !!

+REP  ;)

nid404

« Reply #306 on: June 07, 2009, 07:18:06 am »
hey thanx Q80BOY.

+rep to u 2 for the accolade

Q80BOY

« Reply #307 on: June 07, 2009, 07:20:58 am »
thanks !!   ;D

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
« Reply #308 on: June 07, 2009, 08:13:26 am »
Hey Guys! You know how every year the paper usually has an important page dedicated to an organ from either a plant...or an animal?? Like last year..it was Kidney. Remember??

Anyway, what do u guys think it'll be this year. I have the hugest feeling its going to be the lymphatic system..because its never come up..and it is on the syllabus. Does anyone know when it has come up??

Offline camel

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #309 on: June 07, 2009, 08:14:38 am »
Hey Guys! You know how every year the paper usually has an important page dedicated to an organ from either a plant...or an animal?? Like last year..it was Kidney. Remember??

Anyway, what do u guys think it'll be this year. I have the hugest feeling its going to be the lymphatic system..because its never come up..and it is on the syllabus. Does anyone know when it has come up??

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
shelbsssss im freaking outtt!!!! im going to fail :( :(

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2009, 08:16:30 am »
i've seen the lymphatic system in 2002 but tat was the old syllabus.. they will usually show u a microvilli n ask u wat the lymph vessel there is for.. but usually it will be basic functions of the lymph system.. there's not much infor that we need to know at our level..

@camel.. lool u aint gonna fail.. just trust n believe that you've done all u cna. freaking out is gonna make u worst.. cheer up  ;) hope tat helps
Music is enough to last a lifetime, but a lifetime isnt enough for music..

ami tomake bhalobashi.. <3

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2009, 08:18:32 am »
i've seen the lymphatic system in 2002 but tat was the old syllabus.. they will usually show u a microvilli n ask u wat the lymph vessel there is for.. but usually it will be basic functions of the lymph system.. there's not much infor that we need to know at our level..

@camel.. lool u aint gonna fail.. just trust n believe that you've done all u cna. freaking out is gonna make u worst.. cheer up  ;) hope tat helps

The lymph vessel is there to diffuse all the fatty acids and glycerol..correct??
And my book sucks on the lymphatic system. Apart from what people wrote above..what else do I need to know?

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
  • "A man becomes what he thinks"
« Reply #312 on: June 07, 2009, 08:21:03 am »
its k u r not the only....ME TOOO
join the club..its k we will all do just fyn A*  ;)
as aodian said being nervous will only make it wrose
bcoz b4 my chem xam i was soooo nervous evnthough i studeid very well n chem is my best sci subject i still messd it up so dunt b nervous just relax take a deep brethe b4 u enter the xam hall
n alwayz remeba u r not the only one  ;)

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #313 on: June 07, 2009, 08:24:44 am »

The lymph vessel is there to diffuse all the fatty acids and glycerol..correct??
And my book sucks on the lymphatic system. Apart from what people wrote above..what else do I need to know?

The role of the lymphatic system..

1 to drain the tissue fluid back in to the blood
2 to defend the body against disease by producing lymphocytes which relase antibodies to react with antigens (pathogens)
3 to transports lipids, glycerol and fat soluble vitamins, A,D, E and K from the lacteal (lymph capillary) of the villus back into the circulatory system
4 transport water, hormones, glucose, amino acids, minerals and heat in the interstitial fluid (tissue fluid)
5 transport waste products such as CO2, and nitrogenous compounds from the tissue fluid in the lymphatic system

pretty much its like a whole new blood system but only for the tissue fluid.. you might also need to know where the lymphatic system is and etc.. the make up n all but these are the usual questions they ask like wat is the rold of the lymphatic system.. hope tat helps..
and again if anyone finds an error in my post ur welcomed to correct it :)
gud luck!
Music is enough to last a lifetime, but a lifetime isnt enough for music..

ami tomake bhalobashi.. <3

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
  • "A man becomes what he thinks"
« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2009, 08:29:34 am »

The role of the lymphatic system..

1 to drain the tissue fluid back in to the blood
2 to defend the body against disease by producing lymphocytes which relase antibodies to react with antigens (pathogens)
3 to transports lipids, glycerol and fat soluble vitamins, A,D, E and K from the lacteal (lymph capillary) of the villus back into the circulatory system
4 transport water, hormones, glucose, amino acids, minerals and heat in the interstitial fluid (tissue fluid)
5 transport waste products such as CO2, and nitrogenous compounds from the tissue fluid in the lymphatic system

pretty much its like a whole new blood system but only for the tissue fluid.. you might also need to know where the lymphatic system is and etc.. the make up n all but these are the usual questions they ask like wat is the rold of the lymphatic system.. hope tat helps..
and again if anyone finds an error in my post ur welcomed to correct it :)
gud luck!

exactly where is the lymphatic system locatd ???
Thanks in advance