Author Topic: AS Maths P6 (Stats) predictions  (Read 4649 times)

Offline djshaheer

• i raWk!!
Re: AS Maths P6 (Stats) predictions
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 11:06:56 am »
Please everyone....you can talk about predictions but not illegally help others.

So be careful.

https://studentforums.biz/index.php/topic,1604.0.html

Dear sir/lady,
can u please specify what things are included in illegal help so that the ppl here are nt confused while they are even predicting.....and for your kind information, stats paper isnt even like practical paper where the confidential instructions arrive before hand..nothing more than a prediction cn be told here..
rest assured, if some one really says that he knows whats comming in the paper...then i think his uncle betrayed the cie ppl... 8)
Exams ruined me!! :(

Offline seth99

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 12:53:14 pm »
permutations and combinations is realy a shitty part in the full paper....other wise Stats paper is easy...!!

Offline google

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 01:05:04 pm »
Basically i consider permutation and combination and probability as my strongest areas of statistics...actually my teacher was very good and he has established the main concepts of these areas and so the questions based on these topics seems quite easy to us!!!!
there is a trick to do such questions, we can understand whole of the question only by reading some key words!!!!

Offline mac

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 01:43:12 pm »
hey google....can u please show us how u would solve the attached ques, ???
 i can do the parts by the multiplication of lots of probability but that doesn't work most of times!

I consider permutation and combination as my weakest areas of statistics!!
i'm ok with probability now!! Please share the tricks to do such questions!!

I wish i had a teacher like urs.....i learnt stats 1 of the CIE book....which does get confusing at times!!

I have done all the questions (incl. misc) from that book properly...most questions are easier in pastpapers than book.  But then i have hard time solving the ones from paper...i can't get the hang of P n C questions after doing the other chapters!!!

Offline djshaheer

• i raWk!!
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 01:45:27 pm »
Basically i consider permutation and combination and probability as my strongest areas of statistics...actually my teacher was very good and he has established the main concepts of these areas and so the questions based on these topics seems quite easy to us!!!!
there is a trick to do such questions, we can understand whole of the question only by reading some key words!!!!

man then share it wid us den.... :d

Offline djshaheer

• i raWk!!
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 01:59:53 pm »
hey google....can u please show us how u would solve the attached ques, ???
 i can do the parts by the multiplication of lots of probability but that doesn't work most of times!

I consider permutation and combination as my weakest areas of statistics!!
i'm ok with probability now!! Please share the tricks to do such questions!!

I wish i had a teacher like urs.....i learnt stats 1 of the CIE book....which does get confusing at times!!

I have done all the questions (incl. misc) from that book properly...most questions are easier in pastpapers than book.  But then i have hard time solving the ones from paper...i can't get the hang of P n C questions after doing the other chapters!!!

Answer of ur pic's question:

i) P ( all three diff colors) = [3C1 x 4C1 x 5C1]÷ 12C3 = 3/11

ii) P ( exactly two peppers green) = [4C2 x 8C1] ÷ 12C3 = 12/55

iii) P ( no pepper green) = [4C0 x 8C3] ÷ 12C3 = 14/55
    p ( exactly one pepper green) = [4C1 x 8C2] ÷ 12C3 = 28/55
    P ( exactly 2 peppers green) = [4C2 x 8 C1] ÷ 12C3 = 12/55
    P ( exactly 3 peppers green) = [4C3 x 8C0] ÷ 12C3 = 1/55
    now arrange these values in a probability distribution table..  :d