Author Topic: SAT OR ACT????  (Read 2107 times)

Offline highly_ambitious

• SF Immigrant
SAT OR ACT????
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:11:38 pm »
i'm really confused abt taking standarised test such as SAT or ACT? both are accepted by the universities for an undergrad. admission. But, why two test???? Isn't SAT enough to test our capabilities?? what do they require more of us?? I know some ppl who have taken both SAT n ACT. But, I seriously do not want to take both of them.
However, acc to my knowledge... SAT is more analytical and problem solving oriented, whereas ACT test more n more on subject matter and stuffs we learned in high school. correct me if I am wrong .

I know SAT is widely recognised and highly taken test for undergrad. in united states college admissions. However, ACT on other hand is also recognised and widely taken test.

Talking about the test areas in SAT and ACT : SAT tests more on our vocabulary, reading skills and high school mathematics. ACT test on more real life problems in science, high school math extended to trigonometry and calculus. Till now it's ok!!! But, I really hate biology part in science section. Moreover, I feel I can take both (ofcourse I'm living in a democratic country). There's no restriction to take these test.

So, ppl what do you think abt my decision to take both the tests??? SAT I & II AND ACT.

Offline highly_ambitious

• SF Immigrant
Re: SAT OR ACT????
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:18:04 am »
somebody plzzzz reply... i need some answers!!!!! don't be so cruel to me

master786

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 01:30:39 pm »
SAT 1 nd 2 is enough for US

Offline highly_ambitious

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 04:51:24 pm »
you mean to say, giving sat is better than opting for Act??

If both test serve the same purpose of testing the capabilities of any student, then y two standardized tests??

master786

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:32 pm »
yes because more ppl do SAT..
so just go with tht ..

its kind of a business..:O to give the paper u pay them money .... there fore aCT nd SAT are in compettion nd both a recognised

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 12:30:56 am »
To be honest i've never seen a university that requires both. Instead, they give you a choice of either the act or sat. But in some schools like MIT, they require either sat reasoning or act with writing compomenent. However, in addition they also require 2 sat subjets one math either level 1 or 2 and another subject of your choice. That's the worst it could get, every university is different so check the requirements first in their admissions section.