Author Topic: ALL subject help/resources/doubts HERE only  (Read 13749 times)

Offline IGSTUDENT

• SF Citizen
Re: ALL subject help/resources/doubts HERE only
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2009, 11:27:02 am »
How about Literature?

Offline 7ooD

• SF Geek
    • 7ood
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2009, 06:07:26 pm »
i have the following doubts in accounting

1-this is repeated in many exams eg may june 2006 question 3 he gave me information about a judo club and the confusion is for the adjustments he made for the balance sheet in which he added we were given the previous financial year 2005 bank xxxxx debit (xxxx means the amount of money) then added this amount under the current assests and add all the receipts during the current financial year 2006 and subtracted all payments im just confused is it a rule that we have to follow just add receipts and subtract payments or there is a reason behind that and what does it mean by bank----- xxxxx debit wat if it was credit. second part is under accumalated funds there is opening balance in which he calculated the value of it by adding all the assets of the previous year 2005 and subtracting all the liabilities again is it a rule i just follow or there is a reason too behind it lol

2 a fast question where an interest charged on overdue account will appear in the sales ledger cuz i never found this in the book and in the mark scheme they say it will be entered at the debit side why is that and under wat catogory of those enteries which appear in the debit side does it lie *opening balance b/d * sales on credit * cheques dishonored   *cash refunded to debtors my book is (igcse accounting catherin coucom 2002 version)

3 another fast question on may june 2007 question 4 extraction from the exam---------------> a dude named peter mpho started his business on 1 February 2006. after the preparation of his trading and p&l a/c for his first year of trading. the following balances remained on his books at 31 january 2007 bank------- 300 debit  the following matters were discovered the bank statment received on 31 january showed that the bank had debited the business
s bank a/c wotj cjarges of 1050.this had not been recorded in the accounting records
the problem is that under the balance sheet mark schemes answers said that the bank 300 debit should be under the current liabilities and subtracted the bank charges 1050 from it i dnt understand why they did this cuz in the question 1 which i asked up he gave me the same piece of information bank   xxxxxx debit and was entered under current assests  also in the same exam paper 2007 may june question 5 was entered under current assets but over here was under current liabilities and last thing is why they subtracted from it the charges instead of adding it cuz it will increase his liabilities then.

finally my last questionn it is a fast one on nov 2005 question 5 b)3) ebor's current a/c showed a credit balance of 10000 it was agreed that he should transfer half of this to his capital a/c in the mark scheme they debited the current account and credited the capital but on may june 2008 question 3) 4) the partners decided that the debit balance of 2200 on amina's current account should be transferred to her capital account. this had not been recorded in the mark scheme they debited the capital a/c and credited the current a/c for the correction of error of this entry i dnt understand this how can they be opposite while they look the same in the two papers

;D ;D ;D
pimpin ain't dead it just moved to the web

Offline THEIGBOY

• SF Immigrant
    • www.gaminglagoon.com/signupnowforfreeoffers
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2009, 11:52:55 pm »
Guyz i setup a new site for pastpapers (being hosted on my computer) for the following subjects from 1999 onwards including marking schemes
i)business Studies
ii)Maths
iii)English
iv)biology
v)physics
vi)chemistry
vii)ICT
viii)french
ix)Arabic
pastpapers.serveftp.net
Thanks..
THEIGBOY
plz +rep if u like it...

Offline idol2009

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2009, 02:37:19 pm »
A physics question: the refractive index is calculated by sin i/sin r, so why in the Oct/Nov 08 p3 is the answer to question 6c) sin r/sin i? Even though my answer looks wrong, I can't understand what I've done wrong:
This is what I've done..
1.49 = sin i / sin r

sinr = sin i /1.49

r = 19.6

any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you!
=)

Offline idol2009

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 02:40:00 pm »
Never mind, my question has been answered!
=)

Offline Priceless

• SF Master
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2009, 04:03:29 pm »
Guyz i setup a new site for pastpapers (being hosted on my computer) for the following subjects from 1999 onwards including marking schemes
i)business Studies
ii)Maths
iii)English
iv)biology
v)physics
vi)chemistry
vii)ICT
viii)french
ix)Arabic
pastpapers.serveftp.net
Thanks..
THEIGBOY
plz +rep if u like it...

hey THEIGBOY....hw r u...i alredy hv all da pastpapers but thnkz still...it wud b a gr8 help 4 many ppl....definitely +rep 2 u...
Take care n all da best 4 xams!!!  ;)
Don't say "God I have tooo many problems" but say "Problems I have God!"   Gud Luck 2 all 4 xams. Hope v all du well.....fingers crossed LOL

Offline THEIGBOY

• SF Immigrant
    • www.gaminglagoon.com/signupnowforfreeoffers
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2009, 04:31:44 pm »
:) Thanks alot priceless.....

Offline angell

• SF Senior Citizen
  • -cuz it aint ever good enuf to be true!
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2009, 06:32:29 pm »
n ur website is? :D n +rep 2u..
oh churiyaan charha dey..
oh mehndiya kara dey..
oh jhanjara pawan dey...
On the dance floor oh mundiye...Nach Baliye!

--~*O yaara dhol bajaake.. O yaara jashan mana ke!!

-----------------------------------------

Offline Priceless

• SF Master
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2009, 07:53:24 pm »
lol...ya 1st evn i wz confused but he hz mentioned it rite after the subjects....under arabic

here it is neway..."pastpapers.serveftp.net"...gud luck 2 u all...Take care
Don't say "God I have tooo many problems" but say "Problems I have God!"   Gud Luck 2 all 4 xams. Hope v all du well.....fingers crossed LOL

Offline idol2009

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 06:37:10 am »
 Hey, I was doing the Oct/Nov 08 Paper 3, and on question 5c), it asks you to calculate the specific latent hear of fusion of ice from the results they have given you...
I usually find this pretty straightforward, but on this problem I was kind of stuck, because my answer didn't match the mark scheme...
The question goes as follows:
"Using a 40W heater, 16.3 g of ice is melted in 2.0 minutes. The heater is then switched off. In a further 2.0 minutes, 2.1 g of ice is melted.
Calculate the specific latent heat of fusion of ice from these results."

So I basically did the following calculation:
Total Energy supplied = 40 x 120 = 4800 J
Total Mass melted by heater = 16.3 g
Specific latent heat = 4800/16.3 = 294.5 J/g

I don't understand what I've done wrong, and what the switching the heater off and the further 2 mins has to do with it?
Any help would be appreciated thanks!
=)

Offline Priceless

• SF Master
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2009, 10:19:47 am »
i wish i cud help but evn im confused abt this ques.....i did da xact same thng....our formulas n method is completely rite n all but da prob is dat in da MS it says total mass of ice melted=16.3-2.1=14.2 g n den it works.....4800/14.2=338 J/g

but i rely dont understnd y dey du subtraction wen it shud b addition....sum1 plz xplain...it ll b appreciated...thnku in advance! :)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2009, 11:01:17 am »
Of the 16.3 g of ice melted only 16.3-2.1g=14.2 is actually melted by the heater.

Offline Priceless

• SF Master
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2009, 11:08:22 am »
ohhhh...i c...n thnkz soo much...gr8 help astar  ;)

Offline ManUFan

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2009, 04:17:12 pm »
yo pple. got some gud stuff 4 ya...
these docs will DEFINITELY help 4 phys...
enjoy
By the way... the password is: important

Offline Priceless

• SF Master
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2009, 06:00:43 pm »
lol....thnkz alot...+rep... ;)
da only thng is dat nw der r soooo many resources,bks,websites,notes 2 refer 2.....*head is spinning* ...i just hope our ppr goes well n is easy hopefully...! :P