Author Topic: Urgent - Is it good ?? Reply please  (Read 2338 times)

Offline guitarbuddy

Urgent - Is it good ?? Reply please
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:47:42 pm »
People
I need to ask one thing. I just got my AS level results. I got a B in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and U in English.
I wanted to go to Singapore or Australia for higher studies. But is B is a good  grade ?? I am going to give IELTS and think i should get 7.5 overall. So do i have chances to get the admission for universities like NUS, NTU , Monash etc ??
If i repeat maths and get A and in A levels i get A in maths, B in Physics and Chemistry. Will it be beneficial ?? Do i need to repeat Physics and Chemistry
Thankyou

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Urgent - Is it good ?? Reply please
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:14:05 pm »
People
I need to ask one thing. I just got my AS level results. I got a B in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and U in English.
I wanted to go to Singapore or Australia for higher studies. But is B is a good  grade ?? I am going to give IELTS and think i should get 7.5 overall. So do i have chances to get the admission for universities like NUS, NTU , Monash etc ??
If i repeat maths and get A and in A levels i get A in maths, B in Physics and Chemistry. Will it be beneficial ?? Do i need to repeat Physics and Chemistry
Thankyou

Man, U in English? That sucks!

B is okay! Apart from your ENGLISH results, you can move on! But try to improve as much as you can for A levels!

An A will increase your chance of being enrolled ;)
GOOD LUCK

Offline guitarbuddy

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »
Should i give maths for reevaluation ?? Are there any chances of being increased ?? Do the grade decrease also ??

Alpha

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 05:15:58 pm »
NUS is one of the world's bests. They stress on academics and overall development.

I'd suggest if you can, go give for revaluation. Don't know why, but the results that just came out were mostly horrifying. People who deserved As got Us. This is scary.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 06:34:55 pm »
I have a student who I thought would get B's got D's and C's. The percentage of A's and A*'s in UK fell this year.

Offline guitarbuddy

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 04:06:42 am »
even i expected A in Physics chemistry Maths but i got B in all.
Do you know will cie give the individual paper grades ?? Last year they gave it but this time they just gave the overall subject grade.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:09:44 am by guitarbuddy »

Alpha

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 05:00:03 pm »
Astar, all around the world it was the same. I'm giving in November... :(

Guitar, depends on where you are. Which country?

Offline guitarbuddy

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 03:58:21 pm »
I am from India. I am going to give IELTS and i think should get 7.5. So will B help me for NUS etc ??

Offline kaipai

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 11:54:42 am »
Dear Buddy!

Kindly tell me who was your English teacher????Or did you yourself prepare...English is a subject where teacher matters the most because there is no fixidity of answers in english.

Thank you
Regards,
KPai

Alpha

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 07:58:54 am »
I am from India. I am going to give IELTS and i think should get 7.5. So will B help me for NUS etc ??

NUS is extremely competitive. Sorry to break it out to you, but even a perfect score of A*s is unlikely to get you there unless you show that you are truly outstanding and have an impressive personality. They ask for things like national and international achievements, they don't even bother about what you did at school. Well, at least, that's what I saw when I applied there. Eventually, ended up withdrawing my application.

But you can try, bottom golden rule-- try. You may get lucky.