Author Topic: One thing.  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Muho

• Somewhere between happy, and total f'ing wreck.
One thing.
« on: June 01, 2009, 10:16:59 pm »
On topics, I'd rather have the most recent posts come up on the first page, and the older ones going to the next pages. It really is confusing at times, and that quick update would be very helpful and would make it more convenient to read the most recent posts. that's what generally people would want. most probably.
Shim.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: One thing.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:12:02 pm »
Yes i think that too. I sent you am email muho

Offline twilight

• SF Senior Citizen
  • wut u r in life depends on wut u choose..
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:20:51 am »
On topics, I'd rather have the most recent posts come up on the first page, and the older ones going to the next pages. It really is confusing at times, and that quick update would be very helpful and would make it more convenient to read the most recent posts. that's what generally people would want. most probably.

i think u cud use the "Show unread posts since last visit" above .. under ur nick
i think it wud do the thing u want!!  ;)
Words and hearts should be handled with care
For words mis-spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair

Offline Muho

• Somewhere between happy, and total f'ing wreck.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 04:26:59 am »

i think u cud use the "Show unread posts since last visit" above .. under ur nick
i think it wud do the thing u want!!  ;)

sorry should've been more specific in that xD i mean the replies. see how my reply is currently the reply at the very bottom, it would be better if its position was at the top. i mean why would i wanna see the oldest replies? you know? if i was curious i would just scroll down and look at them, but the most recent posts is often what members/guests of a forum would want, more practical.
Shim.

Offline aidanhs

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 10:39:44 am »
Actually, I disagree. Most (all? I'd be interested if you could find one which isn't) forums are arranged like this (and for a reason) - I prefer seeing what the actual question/initial post is and the first responses. Also, if you want to read a whole thread, it would be foolish to have to go to the last page, and then read 'backwards'.

Maybe there could be a setting you could change, or a button saying 'Reverse post order', but definitely not by default.

Offline hdbkiwi

• SF Geek
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 09:52:04 am »
Actually, I disagree. Most (all? I'd be interested if you could find one which isn't) forums are arranged like this (and for a reason) - I prefer seeing what the actual question/initial post is and the first responses. Also, if you want to read a whole thread, it would be foolish to have to go to the last page, and then read 'backwards'.

Maybe there could be a setting you could change, or a button saying 'Reverse post order', but definitely not by default.
Yeah I agree with you-often when reading whole topics, you want the first post to be first and the last post to be last-makes sense that way?? And anyway when you click on a topic that you've been to and it has multiple pages just click the little page number box next to the topic for the page you want to go to-i find it good like this  :)
Excuse me... have you seen my sanity... I think I lost it. ;)

Offline omega007

• SF Geek
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 11:41:23 am »
I think reorganization of the forum will fix this matter.