Author Topic: How do CIE Marking Schemes work?  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Kryolite

• My Lord is my Saviour <3
  • I'm getting there :)
How do CIE Marking Schemes work?
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:05:58 pm »
This quote on CIE's online marking schemes made me curious:

This mark scheme is published as an aid to teachers and candidates, to indicate the requirements of
the examination. It shows the basis on which Examiners were instructed to award marks.

Does this mean that CIE examiners have the REAL marking schemes? And if so, are they really different to what we're seeing? It's getting me worried now :( I mean, Biology A2 seems so simple when all you have to do is "ref. this, mention that", but what if the real marking schemes are much more detailed and different? We would lose marks then, right? :( If somebody could explain it clearly, I'd appreciate it greatly :)

My teacher also told me that the m-schemes published online are different from the m-schemes that the Examiners use at the time of, well... marking! And then they shred them so as to destroy the evidence? o.o

Thank you anyone and everyone who manages to help.
The pressure is killing me. Exams next Monday :(

Offline Deadly_king

• &lt;&lt;Th3 BO$$&gt;&gt;
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: How do CIE Marking Schemes work?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:44:08 pm »
This quote on CIE's online marking schemes made me curious:

This mark scheme is published as an aid to teachers and candidates, to indicate the requirements of
the examination. It shows the basis on which Examiners were instructed to award marks.

Does this mean that CIE examiners have the REAL marking schemes? And if so, are they really different to what we're seeing? It's getting me worried now :( I mean, Biology A2 seems so simple when all you have to do is "ref. this, mention that", but what if the real marking schemes are much more detailed and different? We would lose marks then, right? :( If somebody could explain it clearly, I'd appreciate it greatly :)

My teacher also told me that the m-schemes published online are different from the m-schemes that the Examiners use at the time of, well... marking! And then they shred them so as to destroy the evidence? o.o

Thank you anyone and everyone who manages to help.
The pressure is killing me. Exams next Monday :(

It's not exactly different! The marking schemes allotted to examiners is just more of marking stuff that we usually can't understand but examiners do ;)
So this one has been made much friendly to students where we can understand the main points that's required to score maximum marks ;)

Don't you worry ;) You just need to continue revising for the time being ;) And if you find it easy for now, make sure you do so during exams as well ;)

Take care...........Good luck :)

Offline Kryolite

• My Lord is my Saviour <3
  • I'm getting there :)
Re: How do CIE Marking Schemes work?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:26:40 am »
Wow. Thank you  ;D
I feel really relieved now. Much thanks. +rep :)