Author Topic: CHEM AND BIO HELP AND TIPS HERE  (Read 344836 times)

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
  • Egyptian And so damn proud . I love you jesus!
Re: CHEM AND BIO HELP AND TIPS HERE
« Reply #630 on: May 12, 2010, 04:06:47 pm »
NO secrets to SUCCESS , it is the result of 1.HARD WORK 2.GOOD PREPARATION 3.LEARNING FROM FAILURE
But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward-Balboa

Offline ksitna

• Allhamdullillah
  • SF Geek
« Reply #631 on: May 12, 2010, 04:15:57 pm »
a bit complicated for ig :/

ohh im sorry
i should have specified
this was for chem AS :/
sorry
take whatever you want and give nothing back :)

Offline Baladya

• meawwwww hao hao >.<
  • SF Geek
« Reply #632 on: May 12, 2010, 09:29:58 pm »
http://www.freeexampapers.us/IGCSE/Biology/CIE/2006%20Nov/0610_w06_qp_6.pdf

I plotted the points and everything but i don't know how to join them especially that my x axis starts from 0-10-20, so i don't know if i should extend the curve to 0 or not. Also after i extend it to 168, how can i make it decrease to 120??? Can u plz draw :)

Thanks in advance :D
Looks like i ran out of cool signatures :|

Offline J.Darren

• SF Geek
« Reply #633 on: May 12, 2010, 10:18:26 pm »
Insoluble compounds.

Chlorides, bromides, iodides of silver and lead.

Sulfates of Calcium, barium and lead.

All hydroxides except those of group 1

All carbonates except those of group 1

Metal oxides except group 1 and 2s.

--

Flammable : Most alkanes, kersoene, petrol and naturally occurring oils.
Opps.

Should be :

All carbonates except those of Group I and Ammonium.
All hydroxides except those of Group I, Strontium, Calcium and Barium
Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline PeaceMaker

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #634 on: May 13, 2010, 02:05:42 am »
So, i got my Alternative to practicle paper coming up soon after the I.T exam. Wanted to say what we should focus on other than solving past papers? Of course solving gets you into the groove but knowing the meat of the paper (As in from which chapter they bring the questions from) is the most important thing. Or maybe notes for paper 6?

Thanks!

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #635 on: May 13, 2010, 05:17:33 am »
in paper 6 when we do the measure the temperature thing which is on almost evry past paper..hhow many (d.p) or sigi fig?
NO secrets to SUCCESS , it is the result of 1.HARD WORK 2.GOOD PREPARATION 3.LEARNING FROM FAILURE
But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward-Balboa

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
    • Theory of Life - A new skew.
« Reply #636 on: May 13, 2010, 06:33:25 am »

It depends on on the question .. precisely the diagram which may hav a scale of a whole number or maximum to 1dp .. measuring vol/temperature is usually 2-3 s.f.g (lik 2-3 digits .. 150cm3 or 37 oC ect .. )

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #637 on: May 13, 2010, 06:34:27 am »
So, i got my Alternative to practicle paper coming up soon after the I.T exam. Wanted to say what we should focus on other than solving past papers? Of course solving gets you into the groove but knowing the meat of the paper (As in from which chapter they bring the questions from) is the most important thing. Or maybe notes for paper 6?

Thanks!

i need help in this too -_-
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline ilmarien

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #638 on: May 13, 2010, 06:42:10 am »
I posted on the wrong thread. DAMN
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:45:03 am by ilmarien »

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
    • Theory of Life - A new skew.
« Reply #639 on: May 13, 2010, 06:44:38 am »
You might consider doing the chapter acids, bases and salts .. learn solubility and insolubility of specific compounds .. LEARN the chemical tests for anions and cations as well as gasses .. chromatography .. have some ideas for 'rate of reaction', 'measuring rate', 'types of reactions' 'endothermic/exothermic' .. also know basic apparatus used in a laboratory .. sadly i havnt solved many paper 6 s in chemistry .. i dont hav much idea about them tho .. =\

Offline PeaceMaker

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #640 on: May 13, 2010, 06:47:44 am »
You might consider doing the chapter acids, bases and salts .. learn solubility and insolubility of specific compounds .. LEARN the chemical tests for anions and cations as well as gasses .. chromatography .. have some ideas for 'rate of reaction', 'measuring rate', 'types of reactions' 'endothermic/exothermic' .. also know basic apparatus used in a laboratory .. sadly i havnt solved many paper 6 s in chemistry .. i dont hav much idea about them tho .. =\

I think you hitted the nail on the chapters. I also were thinking about reading these chapters for P6. I guess i'll solve and revise those chapters, but first, lets finish from I.T tomorrow!

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #641 on: May 13, 2010, 06:49:31 am »

thx dude ....my tutor said that we should solve as  much past papers as we can for paper 6  so that we do well an feel confident ,u kno ...

i ahve english ..got any ideas how i study for it ?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline PeaceMaker

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #642 on: May 13, 2010, 08:31:26 am »
thx dude ....my tutor said that we should solve as  much past papers as we can for paper 6  so that we do well an feel confident ,u kno ...

i ahve english ..got any ideas how i study for it ?

Focus and read stories. Know as much words as possible for english which is by reading or just listning to a news forcast or a movie. Not only that but try to train on how to write a letter, essay .etc Take your time in reading the comprehensions and don't rush, also, check your paper when you finish 10000 times for spelling mistakes and punctuations.

English is very easy, dont worry. The only problem is that its a very long exam so your hands may sore from all the writing. I found the listening to be much more confusing than writing. For listening you need the ultimate focus and concentration.

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #643 on: May 13, 2010, 09:31:34 am »
give 2 observation during fermentaion

1. buubbles and effervescence of a colourless gas ( CO2)

2. Mixture become cloudy ( because they multiply ) true? <-----------------????

also i can say heat is given out right ?

nid404

« Reply #644 on: May 13, 2010, 09:41:12 am »
I am not confident if that would be an observation. You can't see heat. Observation is something you see with your naked eye...something you smell, test for. you can feel heat, but in this case it ain't much to be counted as an observation

yes you will see a suspension