Author Topic: CHEM AND BIO HELP AND TIPS HERE  (Read 323504 times)

nid404

Re: CHEM AND BIO HELP AND TIPS HERE
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 07:10:22 am »
yup but i hope i don't end up being a teacher..........like for real

Offline MissDE

• SF Citizen
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 07:12:56 am »
This will be a disaster :o

nid404

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 12:55:42 pm »
guys I'm goin' to brush up my biology for tom but u keep posting ur doubts. I'll come online after 4-5hours and clear them.

Offline thukon

• SF Citizen
  • Blah
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 01:40:42 pm »
ill ask about bio paper 3 l8er. Right now ppl should be asking about paper 6. I have a question. Usually they ask you to draw a labeled and enlarged image of some organism that they give u a pic of. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE PARTS? I did one paper where they ask you to draw a labeled image of an apple. Theres one more where they ask you to draw a labeled image of a slug. I mean... HOW? We havent learned the parts and theyre not in my textbook. Any enlightenment?

nid404

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 04:15:51 pm »
i've studied for all the external features from D.G Mackean and the guide.
U just need to know the external features for different vertebrates and invertibrates.
Vertebrates- Mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish
Invertebrates- Nematodes, Molluscs(slugs),Annelids, Arthrapods(arachnids, insects, myriapods, crustacean)

And about the fruits....don't bother much
just name the seed cotyledon in the tranverse section and stalk/petiole. Pericarp(ovary wall ),mesocarp(flesh), exocarp(skin)

but really don't stress urself with this.

learn parts of the seed well.

i've got a few sites http://www.kidport.com/RefLIB/Science/Animals/Animals.htm and http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/jagmeet.smart-119180-classification-animals-classificationofanimals-education-ppt-powerpoint/
 tell me if u need more help

nid404

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 04:32:19 pm »
seems like ull have no doubts now..... Then ill get back to studying and return later to solve ur doubt if any

Offline Sugar

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 06:30:51 pm »
hey uhm..
How would you compare the rate of uptake of the coloured solution by the plant (you know in this experiment when they put a plant into coloured water, to observe how the water travels up the plant), with another plant that has had its roots cut off?
Here I stand and I laugh when I see the world you're in.

Offline chocolate123

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 06:53:03 pm »
Hey
I need help with this question

1. How are the plumule and radicle of a broad bean protected as they are pushed outwards into the soil?

Offline Shogun

• SF Geek
  • the heavens cry within the arrival of the best
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 07:00:16 pm »
hey uhm..
How would you compare the rate of uptake of the coloured solution by the plant (you know in this experiment when they put a plant into coloured water, to observe how the water travels up the plant), with another plant that has had its roots cut off?

take same species and age of plant. then cut off the root of one plant then place both plants in the same amount of dye. then measure initial volume then later measure the final volume of both of the plants.
one who masters both the pen and paper is indeed a true warrior.

\m/metal head\m/

nid404

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 07:05:27 pm »
shogun u missed 1 point. keep the plants for the same time in the water and let all other external conditions be same.

Offline Sugar

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 07:12:02 pm »
Thanks guys =]
we measure the volume of coloured water before and after the experiment (for both plants) and compare the differences right? Is the coloured solution gonna change the colour of the leaves? And if it is, is the colour gonna be more intensive for the plant that took in more water (with the roots)?
Here I stand and I laugh when I see the world you're in.

nid404

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 07:17:45 pm »
Hey
I need help with this question

1. How are the plumule and radicle of a broad bean protected as they are pushed outwards into the soil?
i dunno where u got his q from cuz its not in our syllabus. anyways the answer to this is the tip of the root contains loose cells called root cap which protect the tip from damge as it penetrates into the soil. As for the plumule since the bean seeds are dicots the epicotyl pulls plumule backwards and prevents damage. I mean it curls up. HAVE A LOOK AT THE WORD FILE ATTACHED. SHOWS THE STAGES OF GERMINATION A BROAD BEAN SEED

and sugar the color will most likely be visible. to compare color change a colorimeter can be used. It will show a higher reading with the plant with roots.

Offline thukon

• SF Citizen
  • Blah
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 02:09:38 am »
Thanks Nid. We werent taught the mesocarp pericarp thing so it was a big help.

nid404

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2009, 03:46:09 pm »
k guys ill be there for bio and chem. so if u got anything to ask go ahead.
I may not come online very often when the theory papers start. But i'll help whenever i can.

Offline aquarian93

• SF Citizen
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 05:23:59 am »
hey i hav two doubts nid!

dey usually ask us where in the alimentary canal, most of the fibre or roughage is..wt do we say for dat? large intestine? wts the explanation?

and the other doubt is dat,
wt is the difference in structure b/w a sensory neurone and a receptor neurone? also, do you by any chance hav pics of the two neurones, and which one is which, cuz dey ask us this q in mcqs..?

thanks a ton :)