Author Topic: getting A* made easy  (Read 1355 times)

Offline donhassan

getting A* made easy
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:31:39 pm »
hello i hope that all of you are doing well,

hmmm coming to the point i am writing this article not to boast that i have got great set of grades
but to help you guys.

1.how to get an A* in A level MATHS
for p1,p2,p3 try solving each and every question from these books ( pure mathematics1,
pure mathematics 2and 3,additional mathematics) and solve each and every single past paper available i am damn sure you will find every paper on xtremepapers.net and on freexampapers.com. I got an A grade (bad) rather than A* in IGCSE but i made it in A levels a big A*. what you have to do with these materials is learn the important point ( there are just few of them in maths learn the graphs well) and then solve easy questions on that particular concept may be 20-25 questions,and 35-50 question on concepts that you rate medium on difficulty scale and then 50-60 questions on hard concepts. IN THIS PROCESS YOU WILL DEVELOP abstract thinking and learn what is required.then print those past papers,mark schemes and EXAM reports solve them day and night at least twice and read the exam reports and mark schemes find out how examiners want you to approach the questions.for M1,M2,S1,S2(i suggest to read and solve the problems from mechanics 1,mechanics 2 , statistics 1 and statistics 2 (again every single question) there are about 600 questions in each book.and then solve past papers from j 01 - nov 11 all variants.there are 10 weeks left for final exams,for maths i suggest fill up one full big fat note book every week . let the clefts develop on your fingers it will pay offffff.don't forget to ask doubts from teachers they are usually strict but don't worry.

2.how to get  an A* in A level chemistry
hmmm well to tell you the truth A level chemistry is really not tough,its about skills rather than mere facts.common mistake made by studnets : just cramming notes and not solving enough questions.so,what u have to do is hmmm start with syllabus copy read the statements and then go through the notes make start point from your notes (ask teacher what is important) then i suggest read the text please do it but again read the endorsed once (why? because in some texts it is written that bezene do not have alkene like behaviour therefore they do not undergo electrophilic addition reactions,but a cie endorsed text has an SAQ  and what i learned from it was that at very high temp benzene does react with hydrogen hence undergoing Ea  rxn) so please read the endorsed text.SOLVE ALL I REPEAT ALL QUESTIONS FROM TEXTBOOK,then solve the past papers from j02 till j11 all variants.p1 is all about skills i suggest for it solve the paper check it from MS and er next open the relevant section of notes find out why u got it wrong.for p2 learn the key words from ms only after you solve and mark your self ( keep a record of marks you get in each past paper that will tell you whether you are learning or not) i really sucked in p3 but for that ur teacher will help you.yes P4,p2  my favorite get these things CIE PAPERS,OCR 10 YEARS PAPERS(ONLY RELEVANT MODULES) AND 5 YEARS AQA PAPERS.These  papers are challenging you gotta learn every single concept  from notes and text and then solve all these bundles and write key point from MS and ER in your note book and then see the difference. BUY SOME MAKRERS AND COLOUR FUL PENS WRITE IMP  valencies, bundle of rxns,analysis reslults oragnic rxn mechanisms and post them on  walls,inside your cupboard,infront of ur toilet seat and if possible one in ur head (memorize themmmmmmm). p-5 sucks again ask your teacher for help but but but examiners are quite helpfull they have written beautiful answers in exam reports,solve papers with help of ur teacher and read ER and MS that's all kind of you need.

3.how to an A* in A level biology

biology is VAST and full of facts a  simple suggestion what i am going to tell you is the secrete recipe
1. SYLLABUS IS KIND OF BIG BOSS YOU NEED some statements in syllabus are copy paste questions in real exams.
2. endorsed text book written by mary jones and........ is the best of all books you gotta digest each single page and diagram making notes from it
3. get  good notes from good teacher.SIT down understand and memorize
and rewrite them.memorize then re-draw the diagrams and label them  again and again
4. solve 5-7 years past papers with a teacher.biology is the game of words and then practice rest by urself
5.for p-1 you gotta learn technique esp from 06 papers onwards uncle examiner has made this paper quantitative but again [practice makes perfect]
6.turn the syllabus in to questions and make some standard free response answers by urself
 don't forget to use scientific vocab that are there in ur notes

4.how to  get an A* in A level physics

A level physics is really dry,there is less concrete stuff and more abstract.what i suggest is don't loose marks by forgetting simple definitions. learn the notes by heart re-solve the problems done in class READ READ AND AGAIN READ ENDORSED TEXTBOOKS MAKE YOUR OWN NOTES. NO ONE IN THE WORLD CAN TEACH PHYSICS FULLY EXCEPT TWO THREE DIFFERENT TEXTS.solve the questions from text.p-1 really challenging you gotta practice each single paper and ask doubts from teacher. then before solving p-2 and p4 solve 10 years ocr papers.then go for CIE papers so you will have confidence as OCR papers are easy.exam report(ER) ARE REALLY HELP FULL. U HAVE TO READ EACH REPORT AFTER SOLVING PAPER DON'T CHEAT URSELF

FOR P-5 THE SECOND QUESTION IS DAMN EASY AND ANY ONE WHO KNOWS THIS FACT shouldn't loose even one mark. for question 1 read exam report and discuss with your teacher

OH MY GOD I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO DO THIS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  :-O 

remedy : divide and conquer set specific targets say learning all inorganic chem rxns now sit down learn emm it doesn't matters whether it takes 15 mins or 15 hour the key is to study
do it untill it becomes second nature to you

best of luck to everyone of you i pray that CIE will be forced to introduce  A** grade as i hope after reading this most of you will get A* grades in ur subjects

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: getting A* made easy
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 05:47:26 pm »
Thank you for your time for writing that down! :)

Good luck and wish you all the very best! (Y)

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.