Author Topic: Serious help required  (Read 1946 times)

Offline curiousguy

Serious help required
« on: December 19, 2011, 03:54:53 pm »
Friends i dont know what god has made my fate, but i seriously feel to cry. These are my IGCSE grades Phy-C, Bio-C, Maths-D, ESL-C, Chem-C, and business-C and these are failure for me, though i dint stay behind, i started wid As level and now i am in the 4th month , WID PHY,CHEM,BIO,MATHS i  thought i cud score an A grade atleast in A-Level but unfortunately my mock results are fail. I study hard but i dont get any result. My frendz go for tuition  and they score good grades, but i cannot afford one, i study myself and there is no one to help me.   My As exams are from May/june 2011 and I WISH PEOPLE IN HERE WUD SUGGEST ME SOMETHING THATS GONNA MAKE MY GRADES BETTER.
I plead u all pls respond i need ur help.

Alpha

Re: Serious help required
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 04:40:05 pm »
Do past papers. But more important, check the markschemes and examiners' reports well.
You should know what is required from you. That's the key.

Offline SZM

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 04:50:21 pm »
Are u sure alpha, that whoever doing self studying or self teaching in A/Ls  is very important to hve examiner reports n markschems well??? why?? cn I hve ur reason?? study hard by self studying along with these 2 most important requirements will help us to get best results???

i need ur reply asap. :-\ :-\

Alpha

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:03:37 pm »
Are u sure alpha, that whoever doing self studying or self teaching in A/Ls  is very important to hve examiner reports n markschems well??? why?? cn I hve ur reason?? study hard by self studying along with these 2 most important requirements will help us to get best results???

i need ur reply asap. :-\ :-\

Definitely. You will learn, through ms and er, how to answer questions directly, in a concise way. This is what tuition teachers teach, mostly.

Offline curiousguy

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 04:38:11 am »
Wat if i dont understand certain questions wat can i do other than asking my teachers, these forums are not much interactive and when i post a querie here replies take time. Cud u pls give me an alternative solution to this problem.

Alpha

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:44:21 am »
Well, people aren't working for money here, they have a life to live too. So, obviously, they'll take time to reply to you. Plus, right now, we have exams going on in many countries, that's why less helpers are available. But once everyone is free, then replies do not usually take time.

The only thing I can suggest is that you post your queries in different forums. You'll get different answers at different pace. Or if you are lucky, you can get an online learning partner.

Offline curiousguy

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 05:15:15 am »
Tanxs alot, MAY GOD BLESS U. I was so demotivated these days but now i feel like i can make my dreams true.

I wud just like to ask 1 last question is it worth studying 2- 3 hrs a day or wud u suggest me a better routine?

Alpha

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 05:24:36 am »
No worries. You can always make your dreams come true, if you do not make them dependent on anything else except you.

2-3 hours is really very little indeed. When do you have your exams? You ought study at least 5-6 hours per day. And 8-10 hours, a month or two before exams.

Offline curiousguy

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 05:41:50 am »
tanx ones again. U really made my day 2day.

Alpha

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 05:43:55 am »
tanx ones again. U really made my day 2day.

Thanks* once* again. You* really made my day today*.

We are required to type proper English here.
https://studentforums.biz/gce-as-a2-level-%28cie-edexcel%29/sf-rules-20112012-12961/

You're welcome.  :)

Offline AS01

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 05:29:17 pm »
hey don't worry. I am also doing the same subjects which you are doing so I can help you on any queries you have. I am sitting for exam in January so i think i can help you with what type of question they might ask too as the level of difficulty of the question will be same even though they don't ask the same question.I am also doing self study no matter how many tutors you have its you who should study so if you really want to have good grades then doing past papers and looking at mark schemes will help a lot because I do the same and my grades are really good too. So just work hard then you would be fine. ;)

Offline curiousguy

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 04:56:26 am »
Thank You so much  :)