Author Topic: CIE AS HELP!  (Read 1230 times)

Offline saleemsamer

• SF Immigrant
CIE AS HELP!
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:37:32 pm »
Ok i have taken IGCSE in 2010 and the i went to the american system for a year now im bak to the british system anyways i have picked bio,chem,phy and maths for AS but im starting to see that i might face some problems soon since i havent taken chem or bio last year. :/ So any tips/suggestions on wat i shud do?

Amelia

Re: CIE AS HELP!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 03:01:08 pm »
Have you never studied chemistry or biology, before?  :-\

First tip - Do not Panic. A level year does not eat students.  :P

Starting from Day 1; work HARD. Assuming that, you are not home schooling, I advice you revise everyday at home whatever you have been thought at school. At the end of each chapter, solve past-paper questions with out fail.

If you any doubts, post them here at SF, we are always ready to help.

Welcome to Student forums.  ;)

Offline saleemsamer

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:10:22 pm »
Yup I did them in IGCSE and thank you :)

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 09:40:53 am »
It can be tough migrating from the American schooling system to the British one, but you've done IGCSEs so you've got an edge. You're much like a class fellow of mine who used to study with me in my A-Levels, but unlike you he had studied in the American schooling system all his life and had left high school halfway through before joining A-Levels. It might seem hard getting caught up on first year of Chemistry and Biology, as well as parts of Physics not otherwise covered in the American high school, but you can take help from teachers, browse online resources (like us! :D) and if there are tuition centers or academies in your area, join them so you can make up for the loss. You'll obviously need to work hard, especially if you intend to do all of this by coming May/June but you must give it your best shot. If you have any concrete career plans then consider dropping Biology or Mathematics depending on what you intend to do.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28