Author Topic: The end has begun.. Are you ready to face it?  (Read 3259 times)

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
Re: The end has begun.. Are you ready to face it?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 05:24:30 pm »
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline HUSH1994

• SF Farseer
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 05:42:37 pm »
I don't think so,but you get more ajer(good deeds) for repeating after the moathen,I'm not sure though :)

Amelia

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 07:46:15 pm »
Just wanted to clarify, is it a fact that those who don't respond to the Athan will not be able to say the Kalimah on their deathbed?

There is no authenticated Hadith on this. What I found said that repeating after the adhan is not even obligatory.  ::)

The scholars differed concerning the ruling on repeating after the muezzin and repeating the words of the adhaan. The correct view – which is the view of the majority of scholars – is that repeating it is mustahabb, not obligatory. This is the view of the Maalikis, Shaafa’is and Hanbalis.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Majmoo’ (3/127):

Our view is that repeating (the words of the adhaan) is Sunnah, not obligatory. This is the view of the majority of scholars. Al-Tahhaawi narrated that some of the salaf held a different view and said that it is obligatory.

In al-Mughni (1/256) it is narrated that Imam Ahmad said: If he does not repeat his words there is nothing wrong with that.

This is indicated by the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to Maalik ibn al-Huwayrith and those who were with him: “When the time for prayer comes, let one of you give the adhaan and let the oldest of you lead you in prayer.”

This indicates that repeating the words of the adhaan is not obligatory. This conclusion is based on the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was teaching them, and in this case there was a need to explain everything they needed to know. This delegation of people may not have had any knowledge of what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said about repeating the words of the adhaan, and the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not mention it, even though there may have been a need to explain it to them, and this delegation stayed with him for twenty days then left, indicates that repeating the words of the adhaan is not obligatory. This is the most correct view. End quote from al-Sharh al-Mumti’ (2/75).

Read more

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 07:52:53 pm »
Just wanted to clarify, is it a fact that those who don't respond to the Athan will not be able to say the Kalimah on their deathbed?

I know I'm on a break but I had to come in and answer since I know the right answer ::) :P

Habeebti it's NOT true. I got a hadith that said that in an e-mail and I forwarded it and my Muslim friend *studied shariah/islamic studies in Makkah I think* said that that hadith is not authentic and there is no such thing <3

But why not repeat after the Imam though ;) .... The least you could do *which I do ::) :P * is try your best to say the duaa that we should say right after Adhan is over ;)

GG ;D

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Amelia

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 07:56:07 pm »
^ You are going to get the rewards, my ahem.  :D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 05:24:25 am »
Most people know at least something about the Last Day.
Almost everyone has heard one thing or another about the horror
of the Hour. Nevertheless, most tend to have the same reaction to
it as they do to other matters of vital importance, that is, they do
not want to speak or even think about it. They try very hard not
trying to think about the terror they will experience on the Last
Day. They cannot bear the reminders of the Last Day found in a
news report of a terrible accident or a film report about some disaster.
They avoid thinking about the fact that that day will certainly
come. They do not want to listen to others who talk about
that great day, or to read author’s works about it. These are some
of the ways that people have developed in order to escape the
dread of thinking about the reality of the Last Day.

I do not think the Hour will ever come. But if I should besent back to my Lord, I will definitely get something betterin return. (Surat al-Kahf: 36)

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.