Author Topic: Top Misconceptions about Islam  (Read 7135 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Top Misconceptions about Islam
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 05:57:21 pm »
I'm wondering how you say this when the prophet PBUH himself had said there'd be a division of his Ummah into 73 sects.

You misunderstood me. ::)

Okay, Prophet Muhammad PBUH said that there would be 73 sects, only one of them would be in the correct path. So, which is the ONE sect, the correct one, which the Prophet (PBUH) pointed out? I-S-L-A-M -- where you follow what Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said and the Quran, the word of God!  ISLAM has NO sects whatsoever. Shia/sunni/wahabi are simply man made divisions, propagation of which in any form  is strictly forbidden by the Prophet (PBUH) as well as the Quran in other references.

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 06:11:22 pm »
You misunderstood me. ::)

Okay, Prophet Muhammad PBUH said that there would be 73 sects, only one of them would be in the correct path. So, which is the ONE sect, the correct one, which the Prophet (PBUH) pointed out? I-S-L-A-M -- where you follow what Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said and the Quran, the word of God!  ISLAM has NO sects whatsoever. Shia/sunni/wahabi are simply man made divisions, propagation of which in any form  is strictly forbidden by the Prophet (PBUH) as well as the Quran in other references.

Nevermind. ::) Since I'm not very good at explaining I'll leave it.

By the way could you provide some references as to the part where the you say that Islam being made into different sects is forbidden? Thanks. :)
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 06:14:46 pm »
I think it is in human nature to be divided from each other. I don't pretend to know a lot about Islam but I think it obvious that people will start their own individual flavour of Islam.

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 06:37:33 pm »

By the way could you provide some references as to the part where the you say that Islam being made into different sects is forbidden? Thanks. :)
I dont know about any direct Hadith but we can get the idea from the one you quoted earlier

My Ummah will be fragmented into seventy-three (73) sects. All of them will be in Hell Fire except one sect. They (the Companions) said: Allah's Messenger, which is that? Whereupon he said: It is one to which I and my companions belong". [Tirmidhi. 171]

Therefore we can conclude that dividing islam into sects in wrong
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:59 pm »
Therefore we can conclude that dividing islam into sects in wrong.
It may be wrong but it will happen.

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 07:31:28 pm »
Therefore we can conclude that dividing islam into sects in wrong.
It may be wrong but it will happen.
It is happening ::)
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 08:07:58 pm »
Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah.

SE I understood your point completely. =)

I was just watching Peace TV and Dr Zakir Naik explained it pretty well.

Surah Imran Verse 130

Surah An'am Verse 159

Thanks a lot Stylish. :)
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 08:49:34 pm »

I wanna go to bora bora <3

Same here. Top on my list. =]

Now I have a HUGE list ..I'm sure my future hubby would be like ;

Me : done listing the places I MUST go to in my Honeymoon ;D
future hubby : *Jaw drops *

Awkward Silence

Future hubby : *looks at GG* Go to Jannah sister  :o ::)     Instead of got to hell ya know  :P

LMAO XD

LOOOOOOOOOL XD XD XD ROFL :P Funny storyyyy.... :P

Thought of sharing. =]

O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad ), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger (PBUH), if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination.

(4:59)

O you who believe! Believe in Allah, and His Messenger (Muhammad ), and the Book (the Qur'an) which He has sent down to His Messenger, and the Scripture which He sent down to those before (him), and whosoever disbelieves in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Last Day, then indeed he has strayed far away.

(4:136)

And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad ) the Book (this Qur'an) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Mohayminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures) . So judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ.

(5:48)

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects) , you (O Muhammad ) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do.

(6:159)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:52:00 pm by ~ Kuchiki Rukia ~ »
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2011, 12:04:38 am »

In addition to the references Yuuki pointed out: Sahih Muslim, book of Emarat, page 141 - The prophet (PBUH) narrated "Mischief and facade is near. And in those times, whoever tries to divide the ummah by any means, you shall kill them with a sword".

By this, you can judge how severe a crime it is to propagate anything regarding Sunni/Shia/Wahabi and other B.S.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:12:31 am by $tyli$h Executive »