Author Topic: Lessons 1 >> 9 ~  (Read 33916 times)

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Lesson 4 : Do not judge ~
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2011, 12:02:43 am »
Good stuff. But here's an advise. Why don't yuh simply create one thread where yuh post all the lessons ? ::)
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2011, 12:04:29 am »
Good stuff. But here's an advise. Why don't yuh simply create one thread where yuh post all the lessons ? ::)

New threads looks more interesting. =]

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2011, 12:09:49 am »

You can change the people around you not by your words but rather by your good manners.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: "The Prophet never used bad language neither a 'Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say 'The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari)

Non-Muslims who used to fight to Prophet pbuh when spreading Islam would convert to Islam ONLY because of the Prophet's sallah Allah aliho w salam manners.

Be an example to others, fix your manners and your religion rather than blaming other people and criticising them. If you want to change this world for the better, START from yourself and TRUST me, you'll make a difference inshAllah. =] ?

^ Something which I wrote on my FB page and I think it suits this topic.

Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2011, 12:10:44 am »
Another good lesson I came across when I was in the airport waiting for the airplane and I must say the final quote under ART made me realize a lot... really a lot.

The other lessons I posted are here : https://studentforums.biz/chit-chat/lesson-1-the-tongue-is-king-(must-read)/

I will join all my lessons in one thread after posting it for few days. =]

"Most of the people with whom we mix, no matter how evil they may be, will always have some good in them, even if it be relatively little. In such cases, if we are able to access their good qualities, then that is for the best.

A criminal may be known for climbing over into people’s houses and stealing their property in order to give some of it to the destitute and the orphans, or even to build mosques therewith! Likewise a woman may see some orphans starving, so she fornicates to earn some money to stave their hunger, or a person carrying a knife to stab someone, then he sees a child or a woman, and his heart melts so he drops the knife! Therefore, you should deal with the people in accordance with what you know of good from them, before thinking badly of them. Our beloved Prophet, Muhammad PBUH was known for his character of making excuses for those who err, and thinking good of those who sin. When he would come across a sinful person, he would first look at the aspects of his faith, then look at the aspects of his whims and disobedience. He would not have bad thoughts about anyone. He would treat them all as his own sons and brothers.

When you deal with people, be just. Remember the good that they have, and make them feel that their evil has not made you forget their good. This will bring them closer to you."

Art…
Before you begin to uproot the ‘tree of evil’ in others, look for the ‘tree of good’ and water it…

Written by : Dr.Mohammed AlArifi

Amazing! Keep it up, sis! <33333333333333333  :-*
Crooked- I wanted to post 1st!  >:(

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2011, 12:17:44 am »
"It is wrong for a person to accuse anyone else of something wrong except with full knowledge and tangible proof."
As Muslims, the default assumption we should have about other people in any matter is that they are free of blame. Islam demands fairness and impartiality when it comes to judging others.

Allah says: "And when you speak, then be just, though it be (against) a relative." [Sûrah al-An`âm: 152]

He also says: "O you who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of any people make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do. " [Sûrah al-Mâ'idah: 8]

It is wrong for a person to accuse anyone else of something wrong except with full knowledge and tangible proof. It is forbidden to base a judgment against someone on hearsay, conjecture or suspicion.

Allah says: "O you who believe! If a wicked person comes to you with any news, ascertain the truth, lest you harm people unwittingly, and afterwards become full of repentance for what you have done." [Sûrah al-Hujurât: 5]

He also warns us: "O you who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a sin." [Sûrah al-Hujurât: 12]

In those cases where one is compelled to mention another person's faults, it is best to mention that person's good points as well. It is wrong to exaggerate the importance of the person's error or stress the fault too much, especially if it is possible that the error was an honest mistake or in a matter where the truth is not 100% clear.

If a person's error is clearly manifest and established by solid evidence, then it is not wrong to warn people against the error and clarify the truth. However, that correction must be carried out appropriately, in a gentle manner that does not drive people away. The mistake itself should be corrected without delving into anything beyond that. For example, the person who made the mistake should not be accused of having bad intentions or an evil motive.

Al-Dhahabî, speaking about the mistakes of the scholars, said the following: [Siyar al-A`lâm al-Nubalâ' (14/374)]:

If we were to discredit every person who made mistake in judgment or declare those people as innovators – people who are essentially of good faith and sincerely seek the truth – then scarcely would any of our scholars be spared.

Speaking about Qatâdah – the illustrious Successor – he said [Siyar al-A`lâm al-Nubalâ' (2/271)]:

He was one who asserted human free will to the extent of denying Divine Decree over human actions. We ask Allah to protect us from such ideas. On the other hand, no one ever doubted his honesty in the least, or his integrity, or the strength of his memory. It is quite possible that Allah forgives the likes of him for falling into certain innovated ideas with no other intention but to glorify Allah and to hold Him far above (the bad deeds that people commit.) Allah is the judge who is just and merciful towards His servants. He is not to be asked about what He does.

We should keep in mind that people of knowledge, intelligence, integrity, and piety – who are meticulous in investigating matters and who are quite often correct in their conclusions – they are to be pardoned when they err in their judgment on occasion.

Their good qualities and good work should not be dismissed. Of course, we do not follow what is shown to be wrong, regardless of who the mistake came from. However, we do not use it to discredit the good that a person has done.

And Allah knows best.

http://fight4allah.blogspot.com/2008/08/judging-others.html

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2011, 12:19:45 am »
Amazing! Keep it up, sis! <33333333333333333  :-*
Crooked- I wanted to post 1st!  >:(

Thanks for reading. =]

This quote made me think a lot >> Before you begin to uproot the ‘tree of evil’ in others, look for the ‘tree of good’ and water it…

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2011, 12:21:51 am »
Reminded me of three Hadiths which I'd like to share:

*Whoever builds a house for Allah, Allah will build a house for him in Paradise

Mahmud ibn Labid (rha) reported that Uthman ibn ‘Affan (ra) decided to rebuild the Mosque (of Allah’s Messenger in Medina) but the people did not like this idea and they wished that it should be preserved in the original form. So Uthman said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (sa) say: “He who builds a mosque for Allah, Allah would build for him (a house) in Paradise like it.”

[Sahih Muslim, Book 042, Number 7110]

*True richness is the richness of the soul

Narrated Abu Huraira (ra): The Prophet (sa) said, “Richness is not having many possessions. Rather, true richness is the richness of the soul.”

[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 453]

*There is nothing heavier on the scale than good character

Narrated Abu Darda: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “There is nothing heavier upon the scale of a believer (on the Day of Judgment) than good character.”

[Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4781]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:29:49 am by Romeesa Chan »

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2011, 12:24:39 am »
Thanks for reading. =]

This quote made me think a lot >> Before you begin to uproot the ‘tree of evil’ in others, look for the ‘tree of good’ and water it…

Wow. :o
Amazing. :o

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2011, 12:45:48 am »

*True richness is the richness of the soul

Narrated Abu Huraira (ra): The Prophet (sa) said, “Richness is not having many possessions. Rather, true richness is the richness of the soul.

[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 453]

*There is nothing heavier on the scale than good character

Narrated Abu Darda: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “There is nothing heavier upon the scale of a believer (on the Day of Judgment) than good character.

[Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4781]

Awesome ones. MashAllah!

+rep for sharing. Jazaki Allah khair. :D

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2011, 04:12:21 am »
Glad to share! ^^

This is mainly for Crooky! :P

Others will benefit from it too! :D

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2011, 06:25:41 am »
Glad to share! ^^

This is mainly for Crooky! :P

Others will benefit from it too! :D

Awwwww. This is so beautiful, MA. Thank yuh fer sharing. :')
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2011, 06:27:43 am »
Awwwww. This is so beautiful, MA. Thank yuh fer sharing. :')

I am glad you finally read it! :P :D

No problem-o! :D

Offline HUSH1994

• SF Farseer
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2011, 07:30:42 am »
Good stuff ^*
+rep mony ;)

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2011, 12:06:38 pm »
@Romeesa, niiiice! Imam Al shafui is a great man. <3

@Hush, thanks for giving some of your time to read this. God bless you. =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2011, 02:07:29 pm »
Nice lesson
rep