Author Topic: Physics Edexcel Unit 3B discussion  (Read 1488 times)

Offline NightHawkerr

• SF Immigrant
Physics Edexcel Unit 3B discussion
« on: May 19, 2011, 01:35:05 pm »
Hey ya'll. Okie so 24 hours have passed, we can discuss the exam now right?
How was it for you guys? For the experiment regarding the NTC and temperature, how did you plan it out?
My apparatus were Multimeter, Battery, NTC thermistor, Thermometer, Bunsen Burner, beaker of water.. Im not sure if I'm right though.
And for the next question, where we had to find the refractive index, i was getting 1.63, I kept on getting my angles as 32 and 59. My friend took 32.5 and got the answer as 1.618, whch was the refractive index for the crown glass. I hope i dont get marks off for that, I mean it's not my fault, it's my protractor's fault  ::) & for the MC, area under the stress/strain graph would be energy per unit volume?
I hope Unit 1 and 2 are easy ;/

Offline freaky_thing

Re: Physics Edexcel Unit 3B discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 05:36:32 am »
Hey ya'll. Okie so 24 hours have passed, we can discuss the exam now right?
How was it for you guys? For the experiment regarding the NTC and temperature, how did you plan it out?
My apparatus were Multimeter, Battery, NTC thermistor, Thermometer, Bunsen Burner, beaker of water.. Im not sure if I'm right though.
And for the next question, where we had to find the refractive index, i was getting 1.63, I kept on getting my angles as 32 and 59. My friend took 32.5 and got the answer as 1.618, whch was the refractive index for the crown glass. I hope i dont get marks off for that, I mean it's not my fault, it's my protractor's fault  ::) & for the MC, area under the stress/strain graph would be energy per unit volume?
I hope Unit 1 and 2 are easy ;/

For the NTC thermistor, i've planned something similar too. I hope it's ok that I didnt draw a graph of resistance against temperature. (which I saw in textbook). By the way, for the 1st question when they asked us to draw a line of best fit, I couldn't get a straight line thru the origin throughout a best fit. Since I thought it should be passing thru the origin (F=ke) I kinda drew not so best fit. (with 2 points out of line: both below line) and my constant was kinda huge. 980+ N m-1.
Worst thing was, I didnt bring my protractor. (I've been doing past year's of 10 years and none had to use protractor) So I kinda just picked perspex and work my way backwards. Guessing how much the magnitude of the angle was. @.@

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Re: Physics Edexcel Unit 3B discussion
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:04:03 am »

For the NTC thermistor, i've planned something similar too. I hope it's ok that I didnt draw a graph of resistance against temperature. (which I saw in textbook). By the way, for the 1st question when they asked us to draw a line of best fit, I couldn't get a straight line thru the origin throughout a best fit. Since I thought it should be passing thru the origin (F=ke) I kinda drew not so best fit. (with 2 points out of line: both below line) and my constant was kinda huge. 980+ N m-1.
Worst thing was, I didnt bring my protractor. (I've been doing past year's of 10 years and none had to use protractor) So I kinda just picked perspex and work my way backwards. Guessing how much the magnitude of the angle was. @.@

WOW ,I suggest you get a Compass and a Protractor for the Unit 2 exam !
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D