Author Topic: Accounting AS level doubt!  (Read 6965 times)

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
Re: Accounting AS level doubt!
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2011, 02:07:45 am »
cash flow statement is not there in AS level.
but i do have doubts in accounting concepts....can u briefly but clearly explain to me alll the accounting concepts!

There is sooooo many concepts but i'll try to be brief as much as posssible (By the way u better refer u r book)

Business entity- Business is separate from owner. Business acts as a separate entity / individual

money measurement- Only things which could be measured using money is used in accounting records.

historic cost- goods are recorded @ cost / bought in value rather than existing value.

realisation- only the transactions which have been realised / actually happed is recorded in books.

Duality- two aspects for every transaction ( double entry) -this could not be true in exceptional cases such as suspence & control accounts !

consistancy- Consistent recording and use of transactions, which provide a meathod of comparing the advances in business.

materiality-sometimes the business may deviate from the other principals & standerds, because it might not be practical / logical to apply them in some situations. i.e only items with significant value & material for the business may be shown as seperate items in accounts.etc.

Accruals/matching- Records actual costs incurred for a business in a period , rather than the expences paid for & recieved .

Prudence - Profit is not overstated , financial accounts are neutral or fair.

going concern- all accounts are prepared with the fact in mind that the business is to stay in business for a considerable period of time.

substance over form- Practical / logical way of recording transactions , rather than the leagal or the standerd way.

thats alll i guess !! ;D

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2011, 04:18:59 am »
Oh dayum. I didn't know this thread existed. If yuh guys got some prob with the theory of any accounting term or formula. Do lemme know. I'll try my best to help yuh out. ::)

And best of luck fer it, yeah. :D I hope yuh guys are well prepared. Esp with the CFS. Cash flow statements, i mean. :D

ohh thanx crooked !!. Cash flow in A2 , thats on 7th , i do both AS + A2 :D

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 04:19:27 am »
Thank you Dasith aswell :)
I thought Mimi wrote both of 'em ,sorry

Best of luck u guys   :D !

u r welcome ;D

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
  • :)
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 05:17:54 am »
There is sooooo many concepts but i'll try to be brief as much as posssible (By the way u better refer u r book)

Business entity- Business is separate from owner. Business acts as a separate entity / individual

money measurement- Only things which could be measured using money is used in accounting records.

historic cost- goods are recorded @ cost / bought in value rather than existing value.

realisation- only the transactions which have been realised / actually happed is recorded in books.

Duality- two aspects for every transaction ( double entry) -this could not be true in exceptional cases such as suspence & control accounts !

consistancy- Consistent recording and use of transactions, which provide a meathod of comparing the advances in business.

materiality-sometimes the business may deviate from the other principals & standerds, because it might not be practical / logical to apply them in some situations. i.e only items with significant value & material for the business may be shown as seperate items in accounts.etc.

Accruals/matching- Records actual costs incurred for a business in a period , rather than the expences paid for & recieved .

Prudence - Profit is not overstated , financial accounts are neutral or fair.

going concern- all accounts are prepared with the fact in mind that the business is to stay in business for a considerable period of time.

substance over form- Practical / logical way of recording transactions , rather than the leagal or the standerd way.

thats alll i guess !! ;D

thanks alot dasith!...im at school now and im attacking my teacher with my numerious doubts!!anyways best of luck to all!!!

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 05:41:58 am »
thanks alot dasith!...im at school now and im attacking my teacher with my numerious doubts!!anyways best of luck to all!!!

hehe lol ,
thanx & gud luck 2 u 2 :D