Author Topic: economics pastpaper doubts!  (Read 5628 times)

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
  • :)
Re: economics pastpaper doubts!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 09:44:19 pm »
ok....i have one more doubt.....what is marxian criticism of the market economy??
come on....someone answer plsssssssssss!!!!

Offline dj_dead

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 11:29:11 pm »
geeeez...wth is dat??? is dat even in da syllabus :S
or maybe it just mean criticism of the market economy as in the pros and da cons...analysis

Offline dj_dead

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 11:42:38 pm »
it means the value of them aterial that money is made of...like the ACTUAL value....see these days money is made of paper....and if u look at it, the truth is that its value is extremely insignificant...how much does paper cost?? so THAT is the intrinsic value. it is the value that we hav placed on that one 100$ bill that makes it worth so much. in reality its intrinsic value is nothing.

hope u read this in time. all da very best :)
i have my paper too .

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 02:05:00 am »
thanx alot
best of luck to u too

Offline dj_dead

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 04:07:25 am »
thnkoo
:)

wht variant  r u givin By the way? n wht country?

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 09:34:04 am »
Variant 2

Offline dj_dead

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 04:07:21 pm »
ahan. i gave var 1 :)

***exam***

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 10:51:58 am »
PLEASE HELP ME....I HAVE MY EXAM TOMORROW.....when they say money has an intrinsic value....what does it mean???????????
help pls
well this is something i googled ! hope it helps
1. The actual value of a security, as opposed to its market price or book value. The intrinsic value includes other variables such as brand name, trademarks, and copyrights that are often dificult to calculate and sometimes not accurately reflected in the market price. One way to look at it is that the market capitalization is the price (i.e. what investors are willing to pay for the company) and intrinsic value is the value (i.e. what the company is really worth). Different investors use different techniques to calculate intrinsic value.

2. The amount by which a call option is in the money, calculated by taking the difference between the strike price and the market price of the underlier. For example, if a call option for 100 shares has a strike price of $35 and the stock is trading at $50 a share than the call option has an intrinsic value of $15 share, or $1500. If the stock price is less than the strike price the call option has no intrinsic value.

3. The amount by which a put option is in the money, calculated by taking the difference between the strike price and the market price of the underlier. For example, if a put option for 100 shares has a strike price of $35 and the stock is trading at $20 a share than the put option has an intrinsic value of $15 per share, or $1500. If the stock price is greater than the strike price the put option has no intrinsic value.

Read more: http://www.investorwords.com/2587/intrinsic_value.html#ixzz1Msv6BklA

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 12:24:04 pm »
well this is something i googled ! hope it helps
1. The actual value of a security, as opposed to its market price or book value. The intrinsic value includes other variables such as brand name, trademarks, and copyrights that are often dificult to calculate and sometimes not accurately reflected in the market price. One way to look at it is that the market capitalization is the price (i.e. what investors are willing to pay for the company) and intrinsic value is the value (i.e. what the company is really worth). Different investors use different techniques to calculate intrinsic value.

2. The amount by which a call option is in the money, calculated by taking the difference between the strike price and the market price of the underlier. For example, if a call option for 100 shares has a strike price of $35 and the stock is trading at $50 a share than the call option has an intrinsic value of $15 share, or $1500. If the stock price is less than the strike price the call option has no intrinsic value.

3. The amount by which a put option is in the money, calculated by taking the difference between the strike price and the market price of the underlier. For example, if a put option for 100 shares has a strike price of $35 and the stock is trading at $20 a share than the put option has an intrinsic value of $15 per share, or $1500. If the stock price is greater than the strike price the put option has no intrinsic value.

Read more: http://www.investorwords.com/2587/intrinsic_value.html#ixzz1Msv6BklA
thank you......i understood it!!! ;D

***exam***

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2011, 05:35:07 pm »
thank you......i understood it!!! ;D

glad   :D :D!! which papers do u give ?

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2011, 07:53:15 pm »
i give economics,accounting,business studies and maths(P1 and S1) all AS level only.

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 04:22:44 am »
ok....i have one more doubt.....what is marxian criticism of the market economy??
come on....someone answer plsssssssssss!!!!

hmm u mean karl marks, he was an economist , thats all i knw , i dont think they ask about another persons view about an economy in papers , they are on to more general questions like wat are the "disadvantages of market economy?"
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)