Author Topic: A-level edexcel in Indonesia,India,singapore,malaysia or thailand (urgent)  (Read 2192 times)

Offline jam19al91

Hi am planning in moving to Indonesia,India,singapore,malaysia or thailand am not sure which country till now but i'll make my decision based on ur replies and recommendation I'll be doing my Alevels sciences (EDEXCEL)  there next year. and am wondering if I could have a chat with someone thats currently doing his/her A-levels currently AS level in particular since am sitting it next jan, i need to know which schools in which countries in which cities are the best for doing them etc. and the costs of accomadation,entertainment etc. am willing to pay if someone could give me good help.i can only send money through paypal/alertpay/westernunion..I can pay 150$ max. and the chat wouldn't take long hopefully this is my email p-.-q@hotmail.co.uk add me

PS: my parents wants a reply within or week or so not sure so that we start making visa,book tickets and find a place to stay.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:25:31 pm by jam19al91 »

elemis

Re: A-level edexcel in india
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:00:39 am »
You dont HAVE to answer at a particular school.

You can just answer at the local embassy British council. Most major cities in India should have one.

Where are you from and where will you be living in India ?

Offline Nobody

• Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
Re: A-level edexcel in india
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:38:30 am »

Better question would be  :D
Where are you from and where will you be living in India ?
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling!
And even more beautiful is, knowing that you are the reason behind it.

Offline jam19al91

Re: A-level edexcel in india (urgent)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 12:09:26 pm »
My parents wants me to do my A-levels in India in fact i have 5 choices (Indonesia,India,singapore,malaysia or thailand) so that i gain experience be independ etc. I dont have a specific place/city to go to thats why am asking here and am offering money for the help..
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:12:50 pm by jam19al91 »

Offline Nobody

• Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
I think, it depends on Which city you go to; in India specially.
Some cities have a  great international schools, while other international schools don't even have enough staff.

elemis

Bangkok definitely has two or three schools that teach Edexcel.

Singapore is unlikely to have any schools that teach Edexcel as the syllabus taught over there is written in collaboration between CIE and the Singaporean Education Board.

Offline deadlyelder

Well, in India your choices will be somewhat limited. In India most International Schools are associated to CIE rather than Edexcel. Now since you are looking for good place to stay in and learn full time as opposed to Private student. I would recommand you to contact the following CIE Schools if you wish to study in India, they are good school with an actual competent teachers. But be warned you would likely have to study Independently if you wish to sit for so-called hard subjects if you study in India. Hard subjects mostly being Further Maths, Advanced Extention Award, M1 Maths, D1 and D2 Maths etc. The following are CIE or Edexcel but do check it, some of the info is not checked by me.

Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai -- Day school [CIE]
Ecole Mondiale World School, Mumbai -- Day school [Edexcel]
Ahmedabad International School, Ahmedabad -- Day School [Edexcel]
DPS International School, Delhi -- Day school [?]
Calcutta International School, Kolkata -- Day school [Edexcel]

The following are Residential School :

Riverdale International School, Pune -- Residential school  [CIE]
The International School of Bangalore, Bangalore -- Mixed (both Residential and Day) [CIE]
Good Shepherd International School, Ooty -- Residential school [CIE]
Indus International School, Bangalore -- Residential school [Edexcel]
Parkwood School International, Hyderabad -- Residential school [?]
Pathways World School, Gurgaon -- Residential school [Edexcel]

Fees for the residential School are quite high; around Rs. 25,000 for year (Hostel) and around same or more as Tution fees. Take note that this fees if for Indian Residents or Indian Abroad only; fees for foreign students is quite high, almost as high as 2xnormal fees excluding visa etc. Friend studying A Levels at local CIE school and has to shell out around 660$ per 6 months for fees, not including the Exam fees.
And if you wish to appear via Edexcel board just contact edexcel.india@pearson.com they arrange the examcenter generaly to the local PearsonVUE. But it will be as Private Student.
And the British Council in India (Kolkata) is the only center for Exams in India.

Hope it help.
But I would suggest you to attend a school in Singapore for your wishes of good entertianment and Singapore has 2 schools accredited to Edexcel; dont remember the names of school but I will ask my cousin who studied at one school.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 08:57:37 pm by deadlyelder »

Offline Nobody

• Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
Here is a OFFICIAL list of CIE centers in India.
http://www.cie.org.uk/countries/india/schools/
choose a state, and it will give you the list of the school available to you.

If you need *personal views* about any schools, ask it here.
https://studentforums.biz/chit-chat/indians-here!/