Author Topic: CGP Revision Books  (Read 3830 times)

Offline kratos009

• SF Immigrant
CGP Revision Books
« on: November 10, 2009, 06:41:50 pm »
Hey guys,
Throughout the year I've been hearing that these CGP revision books are really useful, so i was planning on getting them for A2 next year for A -level Biology and Chemistry. Does anyone know where i can buy these books, would it be in outlets like Whitcoulls and Dymocks or do I have order it online? Also if anyone knows where i can get CGP notes from a website for A2 Biology and Chemistry i would really appreciate it if you could give me the link to the website.

Thanks a lot.
Good Luck with your exams ;D

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
Re: CGP Revision Books
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:13:46 pm »
Been tryin to get them, but only have them for business studies for GCSE!!

sad...

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 12:42:37 pm »
As soon as we get the torrent server back up there will be a lot of notes there.

Offline kratos009

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 07:19:32 pm »
OK cool thanks, I'm in no hurry i only need them next year so i was hoping to get them over the summer holidays :)
ANd if its not too much to ask would someone give me a heads up when torrent site will be up, give me a note on this thread or give me a pm. Thanks a lot. ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 07:25:51 pm by kratos009 »

Offline MaNi_DaDuDe

• Don't use profanity, it makes you seem uneducated.
  • SF Farseer
  • uh, ef you?
    • Team siCk
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 03:00:33 am »
Torrents = Kick-A**!

However, if you wish to spend. . You can get CGP books all over UK and www.amazon.com

Offline kratos009

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 05:03:58 am »
Ok hopefully its up on the torrent site soon, or i would have to spend like $120 getting the book for both Biology and Chemistry... Do you know if they sell it in outlets like Whitcoulls or Dymocks, (general book stores)?
And i was also wondering is CGP revision books better than the letts revision guide for Biology and Chemistry? IF you can could you tell me why one is better than the other like does it have better notes and questions, easier to understand etc...thanks. By the way i've checked amazon couldn't find anything i'll try after my exams they might put more books up later.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:08:08 am by kratos009 »

Offline MaNi_DaDuDe

• SF Farseer
  • uh, ef you?
    • Team siCk
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 09:44:48 am »
Ok hopefully its up on the torrent site soon, or i would have to spend like $120 getting the book for both Biology and Chemistry... Do you know if they sell it in outlets like Whitcoulls or Dymocks, (general book stores)?
And i was also wondering is CGP revision books better than the letts revision guide for Biology and Chemistry? IF you can could you tell me why one is better than the other like does it have better notes and questions, easier to understand etc...thanks. By the way i've checked amazon couldn't find anything i'll try after my exams they might put more books up later.

Dude, the Letts' books are a waste of time. Just good for reference. That's my experience with them.

Go for CGP. One book costs like 10 pounds.

Offline kratos009

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 09:49:12 am »
Yeah thanks. Thats what some of my friends are saying as well. I live in New Zealand so to buy CGP book it costs like $55, but in England its like 10 pounds so i'm just thinking what i should do... I'm also looking at sites like trade me to see if anyone is selling their books once they finished with it for the year, hopefully i might get them cheap  :D. Anyways i'll just have to keep looking, might try looking harder after my exams are finished  ;).
Do you know any sites where you can download CGP notes? Any torrent sites or anything? thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:50:45 am by kratos009 »

Offline MaNi_DaDuDe

• SF Farseer
  • uh, ef you?
    • Team siCk
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 09:58:36 am »
Yeah thanks. Thats what some of my friends are saying as well. I live in New Zealand so to buy CGP book it costs like $55, but in England its like 10 pounds so i'm just thinking what i should do... I'm also looking at sites like trade me to see if anyone is selling their books once they finished with it for the year, hopefully i might get them cheap  :D. Anyways i'll just have to keep looking, might try looking harder after my exams are finished  ;).
Do you know any sites where you can download CGP notes? Any torrent sites or anything? thanks

Try http://www.freeetextbooks.com/

Offline kratos009

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 10:18:11 am »
Yeah i just checked, there aren't any at the moment  :(.
Also i just found out that there are CGP head start books, like 'Get a head start on A2 Biology' revision guide book. It compiles Biology notes from IGCSE and AS that you may have forgotten and is required for the A2 syllabus. I was wondering if anyone has purchased any of these books, and are they useful or should i just stick to buying the normal revision guide? thanks, i know i've asked a lot of questions  :D about these books but i want to get the right one  ;).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:23:51 am by kratos009 »

Offline emmaar

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 09:16:28 am »
hello.................pls some1 upload cgp rev guides ..................need urgently for A2 edexcel