Author Topic: Question about computing program  (Read 1029 times)

Offline ashwinkandel

• SF Citizen
Question about computing program
« on: May 07, 2011, 04:22:09 pm »
I am currently doing CIE AS level. In the second year, which is called A2 where i study(don't know what it is called in other place), we need to making project for Computing(syllabus code:9691). Can anyone clarify me which programming language can be used to make the program/software to prepare its documentation which is i guess paper 4 work.

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
Re: Question about computing program
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »
I am currently doing CIE AS level. In the second year, which is called A2 where i study(don't know what it is called in other place), we need to making project for Computing(syllabus code:9691). Can anyone clarify me which programming language can be used to make the program/software to prepare its documentation which is i guess paper 4 work.
You can use any high level language which you are familiar with. Your marks are awarded on your documentation. I will be using .net technologies. Paper 4 is in A2 but you need to start your project way earlier to complete it in time and convenience.

Offline username

• SF Geek
  • Nobody is perfect.... I am Nobody.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 04:48:21 pm »
You can use any high level language which you are familiar with. Your marks are awarded on your documentation. I will be using .net technologies. Paper 4 is in A2 but you need to start your project way earlier to complete it in time and convenience.
ill be using vb 6.0 most probably

Offline ashwinkandel

• SF Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 08:08:38 pm »
Thanks for the info. By the way, I am learning PHP nowadays. Will it be any problem making program and documentation if i use PHP (if you know or have seen other students using PHP for their project). ?

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 08:45:53 am »
Thanks for the info. By the way, I am learning PHP nowadays. Will it be any problem making program and documentation if i use PHP (if you know or have seen other students using PHP for their project). ?
As i said you can use any of the high level languages. You can use low level languages too but as you are a student and not a programmer so you will most probably dont know about low levels. For documentation make it a professional documentation and not a childish one.