Author Topic: 6BI05 Scientific Article June 2011 Discussion  (Read 13304 times)

Offline Book lover22

• SF Immigrant
Re: 6BI05 Scientific Article June 2011 Discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 02:13:20 pm »
Welcome guys :D

Oh n no worries Mkh!! :D i will get ur doubts cleared asap inshAllah! :D

Just give me da tym till wed perhaps as im having my mocks but i sure will! :)

Happy Studying!! :D
**Always keep smiling not because life is full of reasons 2 SMILE but because ur SMILE itself is a reason 4 many others 2 SMILE**

Offline Hermione Granger

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 07:23:20 pm »
hey mkh..i google 2 wen m in doubt!!!hehe...anywa, comin to u6, i usually jus solve past w1 n w2 question paprs..da bst part is the lst question of plan of investigation has usually either a 20/10 mark plannin..thn the rest all the questions hav d similar answers...as in reliabilty, statistical methods and all. anywa, 4 u6, jus do d past w1 n w2 paprs...also learn n assess the practicals specified in the specifications! n keep on refreshin ur bio knowledge...iA its gna b cul!Take care..B.O.L! 8)
"Fall seven times, stand up eight!"

Offline Hermione Granger

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 07:26:14 pm »
hey cn u plz post the answers too !!
A.S.A.P, buddy!!!!(Inshallah!!) ;D

Offline Assi1993

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 04:28:13 pm »
thankYu all those who UPloaded questions :) God blesS!!

Offline Echoes

• live every moment =)
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 10:35:47 pm »
cheee..... many Thanks i really neeeded something like those merci merci and may allah help us on this exam wit all A*s ameeen ;D
the only man who never does a mistake is the man who never does anything :p

Offline Assi1993

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 11:40:51 pm »
inshaAllah Ameen Sum AMeen

Offline Book lover22

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 11:36:47 pm »
Hiya! salams!!

So sorry 4 da delay mKh :)
here r ur answers regarding ur doubts!

5. Risks and Benefits of IGF therapy:
Risks: (page 5 paragraph 5 and 6) for example: wear off quickly, mice are not humans so the same result cant be predicted, problems wid repeated dosings, body system might wipe out virus b4 gene can be delivered....
Benefits: (page 5 para 2)

Describe the process of IGF therapy.
Yes, u r ryt. Its the natural process in the body not Igf therapy. Sorry abt dat :) page 4 para 3

12. What are the risks of AAV (Adeno associated virus) ?
Yes, another mistake. The question should be reframed to : What are the limitations regarding AAV?
theres only 1 point 2 this: AAV cant carry as much load, not risk free, unexpected side effects

19. Authenticity of the article means if this article has enough validity regarding its DATA and Facts. you can just answer this by saying Yes or No and proving your answer...
For example: pg 10 Acknowledgement Yes, the article is based on latest articles from scientific journals such asNew scientist magazine and you can also name sul of da scientists mentioned in the article!!

If u have any more queries feel free :)
 ;)

**Always keep smiling not because life is full of reasons 2 SMILE but because ur SMILE itself is a reason 4 many others 2 SMILE**

Offline Raaga

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 07:36:42 am »
really nervous

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 10:45:07 am »
Thanks booklover!! Thanks a lotzz...no probz...i know eevryone is soo busy nowadayzz...Thanks again! :)

Offline Echoes

• live every moment =)
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 08:12:41 am »
thnk u book lover and everyone 4 da the help and ishallah da exam become easy and we get all A*'s AMEEEN- pretty optimistic am i....lol ;D ok throw away all ur negative thoughts and study welll and hard
the only man who never does a mistake is the man who never does anything :p

Offline Sam123

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 01:13:45 pm »
jacksprww 22
cpuld u provide us with unit 6 B (international) notes by stafford valentine redden !
he x soooooooooooo awsum :D

Offline notReverend

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 10:28:02 am »
i hate the article. it couldn't be more BORING
and i hate the argument! we live in a world obsessed with making money. and it's only about winning. even the ancient olympics were only about winning! they used to cheat too!
we're the ones who want records broken every year! we want to see people run 100 km in 3 seconds! if you're not gonna ban professional sport, then don't bother talking about banning drugs!
what happened to playing a sport for the sake of being fit and having fun?? it's a godforsaken game for god's sake!
and why are we even paying any attention to any of this? seriously, what is more important? finding out ways to stop drugs abuse by sportspeople, or trying to find a cure for anemia? "oh, i'm so jealous of lance armstrong, we better make sure we don't make a drug that makes another lance armstrong. i can't even ride a bike for 10 minutes. i think this is way more important than trying to stop little kids from dying before they're even 28 because their blood cells couldn't carry enough oxygen." seroiusly. if we start paying more attention to the really important things in our horrible world, we might actually stop devolving.

Offline Hermione Granger

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 11:42:00 am »
i hate the article. it couldn't be more BORING
and i hate the argument! we live in a world obsessed with making money. and it's only about winning. even the ancient olympics were only about winning! they used to cheat too!
we're the ones who want records broken every year! we want to see people run 100 km in 3 seconds! if you're not gonna ban professional sport, then don't bother talking about banning drugs!
what happened to playing a sport for the sake of being fit and having fun?? it's a godforsaken game for god's sake!
and why are we even paying any attention to any of this? seriously, what is more important? finding out ways to stop drugs abuse by sportspeople, or trying to find a cure for anemia? "oh, i'm so jealous of lance armstrong, we better make sure we don't make a drug that makes another lance armstrong. i can't even ride a bike for 10 minutes. i think this is way more important than trying to stop little kids from dying before they're even 28 because their blood cells couldn't carry enough oxygen." seroiusly. if we start paying more attention to the really important things in our horrible world, we might actually stop devolving.

haha...mate, i do agree with u..n i hope some of those edxcl ppl who sets d article sees this...bt until then v (students) can do nothing abt it...bt jus prepare for the exam!:P

Offline notReverend

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2011, 04:52:43 pm »
:)
thanks, matey. i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks like this.
i just want to get good A level grades and then fix the world! :D free medicine for everyone. <3

good luck for the exam, pal!

Offline dragon_knight

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 02:36:38 pm »
hi guys i just found out some problems related to the article.

1) what is the difference between muscle dystrophy and muscle atrophy, or are they the same thing?

2) what is the difference between IGF-1 and MGF?

3) how does intensive exercise lead to the buildup of muscles?

4) how to Human Genome Project relate to gene therapy?

5) how do peptide hormones lead to the formation of proteins? (like what is peptide hormones?)

hope someone could solve for us and benefit SF members! :)