Author Topic: Edexcel AS core pracs help!!  (Read 923 times)

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
Edexcel AS core pracs help!!
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:36:57 am »
Salaam all, I have a few qns regarding the core practicals for Edexcel AS Bio:

We get practical-related questions in all three of the AS Bio papers - U1,U2 & U3B. We are usually asked to write down the procedures of the core practicals like the Daphnia and the Vitamin C core practical questions. Could anyone of you write down the appropriate step-by-step procedure of each of the following core practicals along with 1) the safety precautions that we have to take and 1) the associated risks, and 3) the variables/factors to be controlled in these investigations and 4) how to control these variables/factors and also 5) what if these variables/factors are not controlled??

Unit 1, Topic 2: 1. Describe how enzyme concentration can affect the rates of reactions and how this can be investigated practically by measuring the initial rate of reaction.

Unit 2, Topic 4: 1. Describe how to determine the tensile strength of plant fibres practically.

2. Describe how to investigate plant mineral deficiencies practically.

3. Describe how to investigate the antimicrobial properties of plants.

I have already checked out the AS Bio Core pracs worksheet which you guys must already be aware of but it doesn't seem to help much in understanding step-by-step procedures of these core pracs....What are the steps your teachers taught you for these core pracs?  We can be asked to write down the procedures of these core pracs, that is why I asked.

Any other help/suggestions regarding AS Bio core pracs would be highly appreciated… Thanks all...
:)