Author Topic: Need help about AS level!  (Read 1951 times)

Offline PeaceMaker

• SF Immigrant
Need help about AS level!
« on: January 09, 2011, 04:05:22 am »
So, i live in Kuwait and first of all what book do you guys recommend for Physics and biology AS and do you guys know of any good tuition's?
I'm looking to bring tuition everyday for 30 minutes to 1 hour  possibly which will be physics a day and biology another day so if anybody know any number then post it here or as a private message and thank you. (If they could come in the morning then it would be even better)

How do you recommend studying them because the tuition wont be here 24 hours a day so i need the best possible ways to study these subjects.

Now what i wanted to know is what is the difference between AS(CIE) & AS(Edexcel) I'm looking to take these two subjects in May/June and i think from JAN till May/June with everyday studying is enough if not more than enough.

Anyways, thank you for your time people.

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
Re: Need help about AS level!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 12:17:34 pm »
hey there...i liv in kuwait 2...i know an institution named "APACHIA" wich is in salmiya. They provide coaching for almost all A level CIE and EDEXCEL subjects...if u want i can giv u the contact number of this institution so dat u can contact dem n get al d info...u can set ur own coaching classes timings wid dem n u can even chose 2 get morning classes or evening classes. Please note dat dey teach for 1.5 hrs a day and 3 dayz a week and dey charge 60 KD per month for 1 subject. Cud u plz make it clear whether u r a private candidate or study in school? if u r a private candidate u can contact the british council n get info abt d difference By the way edexcel n cie.

Offline PeaceMaker

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 02:27:40 am »
Im a private candidate as my previous school didnt have grade 12th when i finished so, yeah. I would like to hear from the forum members here who actually took Edexcel/CIE and tell me the differences and which one is recommended for a guy who is in my situation.

Im willing to put that as my second option but is there anyway to find private tuitions and not like an institute? I used to know alot of people who took tuitions for AS and i wished i did take their numbers but oh well, can't be sorry for what has been done and must keep looking forward.

If all hope is lost then i'll go to where you recommended me and of course register there since there is lots of time from now till May/June and im only looking to apply for 2 AS subjects, Anyways hope more people reply because i would like to get a greater view of everything and have my options infront of me before doing anything. As of now the first thing ill do is buy the best and most recommended books for Bio and PHY then ill see if anybody here knows a private tuition in Kuwait, if not then i'll just go to Apachia and get to work!

Again, thank you and morning classes sound sweet. Definitely what i would want!

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 08:17:50 am »
dude search the forum.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline PeaceMaker

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 09:34:02 am »
Yeah, well. This was my last resort because definitely more people are experienced now so, why would i want to search posts posted god knows when rather than ask and have people discuss with me and all that. Whenever anyone feels to talk then feel free to do so.

If not, I guess I'll search the forum till i find all the answers i want.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:58:53 am by Ari Ben Canaan »
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline PeaceMaker

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 01:43:14 am »
hey there...i liv in kuwait 2...i know an institution named "APACHIA" wich is in salmiya. They provide coaching for almost all A level CIE and EDEXCEL subjects...if u want i can giv u the contact number of this institution so dat u can contact dem n get al d info...u can set ur own coaching classes timings wid dem n u can even chose 2 get morning classes or evening classes. Please note dat dey teach for 1.5 hrs a day and 3 dayz a week and dey charge 60 KD per month for 1 subject. Cud u plz make it clear whether u r a private candidate or study in school? if u r a private candidate u can contact the british council n get info abt d difference By the way edexcel n cie.

May i know where they are exactly and whats their number? because im willing to register this week! I Pmed you and posted here just so you could get it easily and thanks.

Offline samuel91

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 08:36:42 am »

I would like to know there contact details too.