Author Topic: females are better students than males?  (Read 20285 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: females are better students than males?
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2010, 12:55:54 pm »
We are NOT talking about achievement and accolades won by either gender INSTEAD we are discussing how as a student males and females tend to act and which tends to be more committed academically

I could see some, equally irrelevant, male-bashing and radical feminist posts over here. So, had to retaliate. ;)

Anyway, lets get back to the topic

Your school is not the only school in the world. 
There isn't a single boy in the school that tops in my country. 

P. S. Rest, back later. Busy for now.

Mauritius is not the only nation in the world. Statistics may be different for other countries. You gotta realize that. ;)

By the way, the same trend goes for Malaysia. Boys relatively fare better at the science/business subjects. Whereas girls fare better on subjects related to social sciences ;)

And that is why females have been less affected by the recession than males.

Because they are less 'developed' than males.

Anyway, your posts make it look like a gender war. That's not the case. ;)

About the main issue, I just read from a website:

Up to grade 4, females make better students than males.

After that, in case of science/business/technology subjects, males fare better than females.

Whereas in social and humanitarian sciences, females fare better.

Hope everything is clear to everyone now. ;)

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 03:43:32 pm »
the fact which is very clear is that gals will support that we are intelligent than guys!!!

and guys will say that we are!!

and this rival will never end :P

All i Ever Did Was Love...And All You Did Was Lie... Never Understood It.But Never Asked You Why!?!?

Offline narnia

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 05:33:55 pm »
the fact which is very clear is that gals will support that we are intelligent than guys!!!

and guys will say that we are!!

and this rival will never end :P
it will end if someone honest speaks up lol!

According to my point of view, girls are hard working and get it that way....on a general scale, they're not really intelligent...
boys are intelligent, not hard-working....this is inborn..
ok so guys & girls dont take this to urself personally...i was talkin in general.

Offline EMO123

• I Don't Know What To Do
  • SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2011, 05:35:53 pm »
ya males are better than women

Offline narnia

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2011, 05:39:21 pm »
ya males are better than women

who says so? ^

Offline EMO123

• SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2011, 05:42:06 pm »
me myself

Offline narnia

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2011, 05:48:15 pm »
me myself
oooo hmhp
no they're not really better students than girls, because only intelligence will lead u nowhere unless u work for something.....guys are just too care-free, only if they put more of their time in studies, noone can beat them, i guarantee ^^
n if girls start graspin things faster, they'll go even ahead! ahaha
whatay diplomatic answer ;)

Offline EMO123

• SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 05:51:19 pm »
you don't know but boys are ahead in sports, studies, Job, world, different faculties of world then the girls

and why r u saying this me are u a girl

Offline narnia

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2011, 06:00:41 pm »
yea like thats an obvious thing lol!
buh the thing is they're just toooo ahead in all this...will it be of any good if u got no diplomas? ^ ^
education must be the reason of ur life....we are here to explore stuff, the humongous amount buried between the land and skies and even outside it!

i will anyways, stick to my point that girls are better students than guys overall....
hardwork+luck=success in our case...
intelligence+luck=guys case < apparent enough?

Offline SauD~

• Chére
  • SF V.I.P
  • ~ I wish my dream comes true ~
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2011, 07:19:54 pm »
yea like thats an obvious thing lol!
buh the thing is they're just toooo ahead in all this...will it be of any good if u got no diplomas? ^ ^
education must be the reason of ur life....we are here to explore stuff, the humongous amount buried between the land and skies and even outside it!

i will anyways, stick to my point that girls are better students than guys overall....
hardwork+luck=success in our case...
intelligence+luck=guys case < apparent enough?

well tbh, the girls are better in the studies, ok

but when boys come to real studies they over pass everything, ;)

Offline narnia

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2011, 07:21:30 pm »
well tbh, the girls are better in the studies, ok

but when boys come to real studies they over pass everything, ;)

thats exactly what i said  ::)

Offline Deadly_king

• &lt;&lt;Th3 BO$$&gt;&gt;
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 04:58:59 am »
Let's get back to the topic :P

Indeed it is a fact that women have overtaken men at almost every level of education in developed countries around the world. Many factors have contributed to this namely;

1. The role of parents -----> Parents prefer to read books and play educational indoor games(Ex : Scrabble) with their daughters while they practice outdoor sports(Ex : Football) with their sons. So boys, since their early age are not inserted into the educative sector.

2. Boys take more time to mature and develop than girls ----> Research have shown that overall intelligence between boys and girls are the same. But if you look at the ability of someone to perform well in a timed situation, females have a big advantage. One theory points to differences between the brains of boys and girls. While girls' brains are more verbally oriented, often making reading skills easier for them, boys' brains are visually oriented. This is why they tend to perform better academically especially adding to the fact that education in almost every school is verbal.

3. Boys are more easily distracted than girls ----> Technological advances fascinates males most.  Video games, more often played by boys, detract from after-school time that could be better spent on schoolwork, causing lower scores. Girls however use their time effectively and prefer to read something rather than just sit in front of the tv or pc.

Also "Girls achieve more at school because they are watching the future while the boys are watching the girls" Guy Chapman, UK
I admit that I am myself a victim here. :P

4. Boys are more physically restless than girls ---->"Boys can read, but they need to be moving around or they need to be doodling, they need to be doing something that's activating their brains," said Dr. Michael Gurian, a family therapist.

5. Subject is also a prime factor ----> Boys tend to surpass girls in Maths and Sciences while the rest is dominated by girls. This is because girls can understand and study *by heart* very easily. Boys however have a tendency to understand the basic principle and then derive their own method of work.

6. Aspirations and Preparation ----> There is also some evidence that girls who graduate from high school have higher aspirations and better preparation for post-secondary education than boys do.

For example, a University of Michigan study found that 62 percent of female high school seniors plan to graduate from a four-year-college, compared with 51 percent of male students.

We are just comparing males and females and concluding that boys are better than girls. This is not a fair comparison. Statistics have shown that both of them are on the rise in terms of performance academically. The only difference is that women have a much higher rate of increase than men. ;)

So just give us some time gals, we gonna catch you. :P

Offline SauD~

• Chére
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2011, 07:28:58 am »
thats exactly what i said  ::)
ahan, you definitely are a girl :P

Let's get back to the topic :P

Indeed it is a fact that women have overtaken men at almost every level of education in developed countries around the world. Many factors have contributed to this namely;

1. The role of parents -----> Parents prefer to read books and play educational indoor games(Ex : Scrabble) with their daughters while they practice outdoor sports(Ex : Football) with their sons. So boys, since their early age are not inserted into the educative sector.

2. Boys take more time to mature and develop than girls ----> Research have shown that overall intelligence between boys and girls are the same. But if you look at the ability of someone to perform well in a timed situation, females have a big advantage. One theory points to differences between the brains of boys and girls. While girls' brains are more verbally oriented, often making reading skills easier for them, boys' brains are visually oriented. This is why they tend to perform better academically especially adding to the fact that education in almost every school is verbal.

3. Boys are more easily distracted than girls ----> Technological advances fascinates males most.  Video games, more often played by boys, detract from after-school time that could be better spent on schoolwork, causing lower scores. Girls however use their time effectively and prefer to read something rather than just sit in front of the tv or pc.

Also "Girls achieve more at school because they are watching the future while the boys are watching the girls" Guy Chapman, UK
I admit that I am myself a victim here. :P

4. Boys are more physically restless than girls ---->"Boys can read, but they need to be moving around or they need to be doodling, they need to be doing something that's activating their brains," said Dr. Michael Gurian, a family therapist.

5. Subject is also a prime factor ----> Boys tend to surpass girls in Maths and Sciences while the rest is dominated by girls. This is because girls can understand and study *by heart* very easily. Boys however have a tendency to understand the basic principle and then derive their own method of work.

6. Aspirations and Preparation ----> There is also some evidence that girls who graduate from high school have higher aspirations and better preparation for post-secondary education than boys do.

For example, a University of Michigan study found that 62 percent of female high school seniors plan to graduate from a four-year-college, compared with 51 percent of male students.

We are just comparing males and females and concluding that boys are better than girls. This is not a fair comparison. Statistics have shown that both of them are on the rise in terms of performance academically. The only difference is that women have a much higher rate of increase than men. ;)

So just give us some time gals, we gonna catch you. :P

These were the best debate points :D
if any girl can do debate on the points then go ahead and try :D

Offline Deadly_king

• &lt;&lt;Th3 BO$$&gt;&gt;
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2011, 12:35:45 pm »
These were the best debate points :D
if any girl can do debate on the points then go ahead and try :D

Nan.......there were good ones earlier as well. ;)

A debate is meant to be debated :P

I've not sided anyone and am pretty sure these points can be argued. :D

Offline SauD~

• Chére
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2011, 12:49:52 pm »
Nan.......there were good ones earlier as well. ;)

A debate is meant to be debated :P

I've not sided anyone and am pretty sure these points can be argued. :D
I haven't seen them, but these looks far much strong points ::)

i don't think, any one can justify on these points :P thats what i meant ;)