Author Topic: M1 OCR  (Read 2087 times)

elemis

Re: M1 OCR
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 08:07:03 am »
Congo ;) Glad you've got the MS now. Yeah. We should have them on FEP.

nid404

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 07:50:34 am »
the 4th part...I don't really understand what they're asking for :S

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 08:32:35 am »
the 4th part...I don't really understand what they're asking for :S

When A strikes the ground, B continues to rise against gravity until it reaches its maximum point where v = 0. Then B starts to descend due to its weight. String becomes taut again when B reaches the level it started to rise against gravity, i.e at the time when A touched the ground earlier.

In other words, you need to find the time taken the particle B takes to reach its maximum height as from when A strikes the ground. Multiply it by 2 since for the string to become taut again, B covers twice this distance(once upwards and then downwards) and during the same time.

For the required solution you need to add the value you obtain to your answer in part(ii)  :D
Hope it helps :)

If you still cannot do it, let me know ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:34:33 am by Deadly_king »

nid404

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 03:44:09 pm »
When A strikes the ground, B continues to rise against gravity until it reaches its maximum point where v = 0. Then B starts to descend due to its weight. String becomes taut again when B reaches the level it started to rise against gravity, i.e at the time when A touched the ground earlier.

In other words, you need to find the time taken the particle B takes to reach its maximum height as from when A strikes the ground. Multiply it by 2 since for the string to become taut again, B covers twice this distance(once upwards and then downwards) and during the same time.

For the required solution you need to add the value you obtain to your answer in part(ii)  :D
Hope it helps :)

If you still cannot do it, let me know ;)

Ah I got it :D Thank youu  ;D