Author Topic: Grade Boundaries for CIE A2  (Read 1622 times)

Offline SAKS10111

Grade Boundaries for CIE A2
« on: October 29, 2010, 08:35:11 am »
Okay so i did S1 and P1 last year for AS Math and got an A, and i did M1 and P3 this oct for A2. My question is basically about the grade boundaries for an A*. For eg, in Edexcel, you have to get a 90 % in your A2 modules (C3 and C4) and get an overall 80 % in all your modules, and even those marks are scaled and not exact marks, which means the actual raw mark you get is less than 90. So does anyone have any idea about the rough boundaries for CIE to get an A*? Since CIE does not give out any marks or anything, I have no idea whether my A was a high A or not and whether I can still get an A* overall. Thanks in advance :)

elemis

Re: Grade Boundaries for CIE A2
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:39:33 am »
See attached the grade boundaries for 2009.

Offline SAKS10111

Re: Grade Boundaries for CIE A2
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:45:23 am »
Thanks a lot for that, but unfortunately this is 2009 when A* wasn't introduced lol. So my question is, if a candidate satisfies all the boundaries to get an A in all of the 4 papers, is that an A*? Or are higher boundaries set for a candidate to achieve an A* grade? Either way I cannot change anything lol, but it would be helpful to know, because I haven't been able to tell the difference in terms of marks between an A and an A*. Thanks again, those boundaries really helped!