Author Topic: can B turn to A  (Read 987 times)

Offline winnie101

• SF Immigrant
can B turn to A
« on: September 28, 2010, 07:53:03 pm »
hey
this yr (AS result) i got some B's so will it be possible for me to end up with an A or Astar at the end of A level?(doing A2 right now)
Thanks

Offline Ivo

• SF Geek
Re: can B turn to A
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:15:26 pm »
hey
this yr (AS result) i got some B's so will it be possible for me to end up with an A or Astar at the end of A level?(doing A2 right now)
Thanks

Well it really depends on your subject and exam board.  But in general, you would need to get at least 80% overall for an A.  For an A*, you'll need to get 90% or more on the A2 modules, and get 80% or more for all your modules (AS & A2).
Always willing to help!  8)
"In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us."

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 05:03:40 am »
hey
Thanks

Sure you can............that will depend on the way you attack the exams :P

If you got a B ----> You are pretty much aware of the basics and you know how to apply them. Now you need to practice a little more so as to get yourself ready for the A2 exams. Though there are much more chapters for you to cover, a nice planning and a constant revision should help you reach better grades.

Most important thing : Don not get stressed. Just chill........do not leave your notes for too long. Keep in touch. Try to understand all the mechanisms ( I don't advice learning by heart). And do attemp a lot of past exam papers(really helpful).
Remember : Practice makes perfect :)

If you still do not understand some things..........feel free to ask!

We are all available here to help you through your studies :)

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:46:51 am »
Well, if your B was scored at a 75+ UMS, there's a fair chance for you to get an A if you work harder at your A2 modules and also a chance of making an A* though obviously it'll require one hell of an effort. As long as you take this seriously, revise daily (or weekly if daily isn't feasible) and practice a lot of past papers, you can achieve it. If your B was less than 75 UMS, obviously it is always possible to still score an A but it will be much, much harder.

So I suggest that unless you're sure you can study more seriously and devotedly then last year, you should repeat your exams if you have a 75+ UMS. If you have less than that then don't think too much and resit in your exams.

PS: I'm aware that some of the candidates don't know their UMS. In which case--I suggest you be the judge and see if you can study as hard as needed or not.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline winnie101

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 05:23:26 pm »
Thanks all of u for the encouragement

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 05:34:49 pm »
Thanks all of u for the encouragement

You're welcome :)