Author Topic: AYIDHYA CASE  (Read 6833 times)

Offline Dibss

• Chit-Chatter
  • SF V.I.P
Re: AYIDHYA CASE
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 09:12:27 pm »
I thought mentioning religion was a no no in the debates board? ::)

LOOL Requiem sounds so psyched for e-riots xP

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 06:02:57 am »
I realized what you posted Bob.
You were accusing arabs of backwardness and cultural inferiority. I just showed you , you are wrong ;)

Contradictions?
Where should i start from

You think I didn't read the previous post in which you called me a cartoon? :P It's cool  ::)

Accusing? Stating facts my dear. They were invaders and what they did was wrong. Where did Arabs come into picture? :P Read the post again.  ;)

Wherever you want to start from  ::)
The sky had a baby from my cereal box!

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 06:05:55 am »
I thought mentioning religion was a no no in the debates board? ::)

LOOL Requiem sounds so psyched for e-riots xP

The Ayodhya case is about the disputed land which different religious groups claim as theirs. It's more of a political issue than a religious one.

Sure.  ::)

Freaked12

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 08:45:01 pm »
You think I didn't read the previous post in which you called me a cartoon? :P It's cool  ::)

Accusing? Stating facts my dear. They were invaders and what they did was wrong. Where did Arabs come into picture? :P Read the post again.  ;)

Wherever you want to start from  ::)

Stating facts?
What am i doing.?Sweetheart  :P
All those cultural achievements by Arabs and Persians under the islam Banner were only Matched By Egyptians, Greeks and Byzantines.

Just admit it okay The greatest ruler India ever had after Asoka Was akbar who was a muslim.
Who should we blame, arabs for invading your country or Indians for falling so easily at every attack ?

And all those achievements you say india did in it's history could have been done by anyone.
I am not trying to belittle okay, they are remarkable in every sense but the thing is India had a AMAZINGLY Huge population in every time period.
So if there are 56 people living in a house, statistics would tell you there will be at least 7 people that would go on and become geniuses in their fields.
Same is the case with China.

Great world empires are persia, greece,russia and arabs.
Like it or not

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 06:36:05 am »
Stating facts?
What am i doing.?Sweetheart  :P
All those cultural achievements by Arabs and Persians under the islam Banner were only Matched By Egyptians, Greeks and Byzantines.

Just admit it okay The greatest ruler India ever had after Asoka Was akbar who was a muslim.
Who should we blame, arabs for invading your country or Indians for falling so easily at every attack ?

And all those achievements you say india did in it's history could have been done by anyone.
I am not trying to belittle okay, they are remarkable in every sense but the thing is India had a AMAZINGLY Huge population in every time period.
So if there are 56 people living in a house, statistics would tell you there will be at least 7 people that would go on and become geniuses in their fields.
Same is the case with China.

Like it or not

I prefer being called a cartoon  ::)

You are not stating facts relevant to the topic of discussion. You accused the judgement of being favorable to the Hindus and I just told you why it should have been.

This topic is not about how amazing persians/arabs are at killing or whatever you stated.

Why are you talking about Akbar here? You're speaking out of context.

India has never invaded another country. It was self sufficient.

Wow. Blame Indians for not being able to retort? The root cause of everything is the way Indians treated their guests. Athiti devo Bhava, they treated their guests like Gods and slowly things went out of hands. Indians welcomed the Jews and Parsis because they were driven out of their homes by the same "Arabs". It's not just India.

Yeah? Go on tell me. With the most recent, amazing technology, not one can build a temple like hallowed Indian artists. Their temples were architectural marvels. If you ask the modern architects, they will tell you so.

56 people living in a house? That's quite an exaggeration. And this has nothing to do with the topic. India has problems with population. Much agreed to, but their guests are equally responsible for it. They are now a part of India and it's their home. Ages later, India cannot ask Parsis,Jews, Muslims and Christians to move out because they were either outsiders or converts. Indians are known for their kind gesture and foolishly letting people in, who went on to rule them later.

Like it or not

Your view. Very irrelevant.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2010, 05:49:42 am »
It was the most favourable judgement to ensure peace.

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2010, 05:58:38 am »
The temple place was looted, that is unfair. Now, if you want the land where a famous mosque is built by one of the Mughal emperor, there will be war taking place, spreading non-violence throughout.

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU

***exam***

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2010, 09:48:56 am »
i think it was a good judgement  cuz it didnt repeat the riots !  the tension out here was way too much while the judgement  n hence the court kept postponing it 

but all is well that ends well  :D :D

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 03:16:50 pm »
A practical judgement. A judgement of least violence.

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 04:06:09 pm »
It was a fine judgement, i suppose. ::) I've got no issues with any of the human beings and the other creatures in the world. ::)

Reqs and Spongey. Yuh guys have got nothing else to do than pasting the facts/info/data/bla bla ? ::) :P

GO OPEN YER DAMN BOOKS AND STUDY. :P :P

<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 08:23:43 am »
I prefer being called a cartoon  ::)
India has never invaded another country. It was self sufficient.

Wow. Blame Indians for not being able to retort? The root cause of everything is the way Indians treated their guests. Athiti devo Bhava, they treated their guests like Gods and slowly things went out of hands. Indians welcomed the Jews and Parsis because they were driven out of their homes by the same "Arabs". It's not just India.

I could not help but reply to this misleading post.

Before the arrival of Hinduism in India, most people in India were Buddhists. They were the followers of Gautama Buddha's religion.

When Hinduism emperors invaded India, they took over all the land and forced people to convert to Hinduism. Buddhism almost died away from India then.

After that, India was invaded by Muslim kings and emperors. They were successful in capturing significant portions of India. As I see it, they have shown a significant example of religious tolerance with the Hindus. If they wished, they could easily force people to convert from Hinduism to Islam back then like when Hinduism emperors forced people to convert to their religion from Buddhism. But they did not do so.

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 09:59:54 am »
I could not help but reply to this misleading post.

Before the arrival of Hinduism in India, most people in India were Buddhists. They were the followers of Gautama Buddha's religion.

When Hinduism emperors invaded India, they took over all the land and forced people to convert to Hinduism. Buddhism almost died away from India then.

After that, India was invaded by Muslim kings and emperors. They were successful in capturing significant portions of India. As I see it, they have shown a significant example of religious tolerance with the Hindus. If they wished, they could easily force people to convert from Hinduism to Islam back then like when Hinduism emperors forced people to convert to their religion from Buddhism. But they did not do so.

Let me clear your misconceptions.

Birth of Hinduism was way before birth of Buddhism.
India was Hindu-stan.(Birth place of Hindu-ism) I think it's clear enough. Buddhism itself is an extension of Hinduism. You've got it wrong here.

All Muslims in India and neighboring countries(then part of Hindustan) are converts or descendants of Muslim rulers. ::) Islam came to India with Muslim invaders, and everyone knows it didn't come peacefully. They could easily force people to covert.. And yes they did. I've posted an article somewhere in the previous page, read it if you have the time.

Peace.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 10:36:46 am »
Let me clear your misconceptions.

Birth of Hinduism was way before birth of Buddhism.
India was Hindu-stan.(Birth place of Hindu-ism) I think it's clear enough. Buddhism itself is an extension of Hinduism. You've got it wrong here.

All Muslims in India and neighboring countries(then part of Hindustan) are converts or descendants of Muslim rulers. ::) Islam came to India with Muslim invaders, and everyone knows it didn't come peacefully. They could easily force people to covert.. And yes they did. I've posted an article somewhere in the previous page, read it if you have the time.

Peace.

Allow me a chance to clear your concepts. ;) :D

I know it from my history book. I think that should be some trustable source.

What I was talking about is the time long before 'Hindustan' was named. Buddhism was the predominant religion in the place which is now called India, back then.

I already read your article. That was a radical hindu article, sorry to say. Extremely biased towards the Hindus. I will not point out each of  the biasness, as that would take too much time on my part. But I would suggest you to read that article again, from a neutral perspective. ;)

Then how come >80% of people in India are Hindus and not muslims? Did the then converted muslims convert back to hinduism? ::)

Peace again. ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:39:38 am by Bill Gates »

Freaked12

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 10:51:29 am »
 India is too big to generalize.Pre dominant here would mean majority in areas where the empire had its roots eh?

Anyway Asoka and all his predecessors were all hindus right.

Asoka turned Buddhist because he got freaked out by a battle

so before buddhism got established as a major religion it was hinduism.

Hinduism began from Aryans migrating from Eurasia and therefore it is the earliest religion recorded.

Buddha itself was a hindu

or i am missing something  ???

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 10:58:18 am »
India is too big to generalize.Pre dominant here would mean majority in areas where the empire had its roots eh?

Anyway Asoka and all his predecessors were all hindus right.

Asoka turned Buddhist because he got freaked out by a battle

so before buddhism got established as a major religion it was hinduism.

Hinduism began from Aryans migrating from Eurasia and therefore it is the earliest religion recorded.

Buddha itself was a hindu

or i am missing something  ???

Buddha was a hindu, but meditated under a tree for 7 days (' in bodh gaya') to come up with a new idea about another religion. Back then, Hindu was the predominant religion in India. The new religion which was created by Buddha was Buddhism.

Buddhism spread rapidly in India, until it became the predominant religion. Ashoka's conversion to Buddhism falls within this time span and is the main reason why Buddhism became the predominant religion in India back then.

After the battle of Kalinga, due to Ashoka's influence, Buddhism became the predominant religion of India (as opposed to hinduism before). This predominance of Buddhism in India after Kalinga battle was not due to force on part of Ashoka because it goes against the teachings of Buddhism. Long after Ashoka, Hindu emperors , attacked India (I don't remember the exact names of those emperors). They destroyed many Buddhist structures, and forced people to convert to Hinduism back again. That is why most people in India are Hindus and not Buddhists.

What I'm talking about is that, after this, Muslim emperors conquered major parts of India too. However, unlike the previous Hindu emperors, they did not force people to convert to Islam. Thus, they demonstrated  significant religious tolerance there. But some statement of SpongeBob I pointed out earlier is in direct contrast to this fact.

I hope I'm clear about the timeline I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:20:35 am by Bill Gates »