Author Topic: Essay success tips  (Read 6188 times)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Essay success tips
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 12:04:50 pm »
emmajayhark thank god you are not a spambot.

Offline winipad

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 07:24:07 am »
nice article...........

Offline KennySmart

• Zogu
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 12:32:06 pm »
This is a good question. For me I learned this lesson the hard way. I was never good at English until I was forced to be as a result of becoming a University Student. Now, a year on I have suddenly understood why Essay writing has been a grossly important factor at University.

As a student you need to know that when your Graduate life begins:

To get a job you need to communicate effectively, and this sometimes means doing written tests.
To get a job you also need to be able to communicate through written language (Job Applications/CV's) effectively and in restricted spaces (hence University Essay Word Counts)
To keep a job you need both

Now you understand why essay writing as a Student and Graduate at and after University is so important let me break it down into 3 areas:

1) Opinion - Show you have a voice and it will be heard
2) Theory - Shows research
3) Examples - Real life examples such as the Credit Crunch in 2008 are brilliant ways of show your opinion

In the early years as a University Student you will need to know how to do all 3 and therefore should be taught early on. Using all 3 will never take your grade below 50 (2:2), However in the latter stages you will be expected to do all 3 in a concise, constructive and pragmatic manor to ensure the higher grades come through. Reading (researching) at University throughout your student (and also Graduate) life is essential to the success of high grades.

refer (www.ZOGU.co.uk)