Author Topic: Abortion, Is it the right thing?  (Read 14123 times)

Alpha

Re: Abortion, Is it the right thing?
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2010, 03:32:32 pm »
Read this on steadyhealth:

Many people don't realize that abortion is actually very dangerous procedure. While techniques are improving, there is still a high probability of negative physical side-effects. Also there are almost certain negative psychological side-effects. Abortion is an unnatural process that interrupts one of the primary functions of women’s body. A woman's body naturally resists the abortion, which causes physical and emotional problems. One of the most disturbing things about this is that many women aren't informed about these side-effects. 87% hospitalized women were ones with complications with legal abortion, and 91% had treated patients with complications from legal abortions. There are several doctors who reported patients dying from legally induced abortions. Either abortion is induced or spontaneous it independently and significantly increased the risk of subsequent development of the secondary infertility. There are really a lot of side effects, and if you will keep your baby or decide to this step depends on you.

And people think premature childbearing is the only dangerous thing...

elemis

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2010, 03:33:47 pm »
Seriously, you want me to go and ask her now?  :P

Only if it supports my side of the argument :P

elemis

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2010, 03:37:21 pm »
And people think premature childbearing is the only dangerous thing...

If you can argue that advances in medicine have made child birth more safe, why cant I argue the same with respect to abortions ?

This is the 21st century after all.

Alpha

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2010, 03:44:25 pm »
You talk of freedom of rights and freedom to life, right ? What gives you the justification the 'ability' so to speak to pressure a woman into having a child she doesnt want ?

SHE doesn't want the child. There's no dearth of people who are looking for children to adopt. There's no dearth of orphanages today.
Give it to someone else, and certainly, don't come a few years later to reclaim rights on that child.

If we can force women to have unwanted pregnancies what stops you from sterilising women ? You and I have no control over another persons ability to reproduce. That is a social right.

Use contraceptives, it is that difficult?

You say why not use contraception aka the morning after pill ? Well, wake up, statistics show most women go into shock after a rap* and few have the presence of mind to take any such pills ! In addition not every woman lives in a developed country like the UK/USA where they have access to such contraceptive commodities.

Wow, they go into a shock after a rap*... and miraculously, are able to decide to end up the life of a baby after that shocking experience.
What's a greater shock? "I was rap*d"? Or "I killed the child in my womb"?

Teenagers who become pregnant are more likely to drop out of school, get divorced and rely on MY MONEY via public benefits for an act that WASNT my fault.

It wasn't the teenagers' fault too, by the way.  ::)

By outlawing abortions wont that lead to an increase in ILLEGAL abortions ? I dont want to walk down the street and find a foetus in the gutter ! Neither do I want to read about women dropping dead because of botched abortions.

-_- Will it cause a decrease in thefts if stealing is legalized? Will corruption stop if bribing becomes permissible by law?

nid404

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2010, 03:45:08 pm »
I get bored when the posts get long  :P

Alpha

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2010, 03:50:43 pm »
Only if it supports my side of the argument :P

Ha Ha Ha  :P

So funny.  :P

If you can argue that advances in medicine have made child birth more safe, why cant I argue the same with respect to abortions ?

This is the 21st century after all.

You can, of course, in some more 50 years. It will be relevant then.  ::)

I get bored when the posts get long  :P

LOL. That made me remember my GP teacher. She loves throwing this topic at us. Thanks to Iluvme, I can practice here for my future assessment.  ;D

elemis

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2010, 03:52:53 pm »
I have only one comment. You've never been raped. You have absolutely no idea what happens to a person when something like that happens.

Its something you have to experience to understand; not something I would want to happen to you.

Neither can you compare the magnitude of shock.

The Indian government advocates the use of condoms (I've seen the ads). Yet we still have a growing population. The matter of using contraception is more complex than you think.

MANY PEOPLE CANT AFFORD CONTRACEPTION.

If stealing is legalised then thefts are in effect a legal act. Where's your argument, it doesnt even make sense ?

In some cultures being raped and then having a child is considered an insult to the family honour. Abortions are often the only avenue for salvation.

elemis

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2010, 03:54:15 pm »
LOL. That made me remember my GP teacher. She loves throwing this topic at us. Thanks to Iluvme, I can practice here for my future assessment.  ;D

Your thanking Iluvme ? She (its a she, right ?) just started the topic. I'm the one sparring with you ::)

Alpha

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2010, 03:56:11 pm »
Your thanking Iluvme ? She (its a she, right ?) just started the topic. I'm the one sparring with you ::)

THANK YOU LION.

That's big enough to view...?  ::)

elemis

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2010, 03:56:58 pm »
THANK YOU LION.

That's big enough to view...?  ::)

I'm not blind you know -_-

Alpha

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2010, 04:01:33 pm »
I have only one comment. You've never been rap*d. You have absolutely no idea what happens to a person when something like that happens.

Its something you have to experience to understand; not something I would want to happen to you.

Neither can you compare the magnitude of shock.

Have you ever lost a child?

The Indian government advocates the use of condoms (I've seen the ads). Yet we still have a growing population. The matter of using contraception is more complex than you think.

MANY PEOPLE CANT AFFORD CONTRACEPTION.

They can't afford contraception, and by magic, will be able to afford abortion?

If stealing is legalised then thefts are in effect a legal act. Where's your argument, it doesnt even make sense ?

Hey, if you don't understand... read and read again... It will become clearer... and clearer...

The argument you proposed about legalising abortion will reduce, if not eliminate, backstreet abortion can be applied to the examples I gave too. You see stealing as a crime, bribing one. Abortion is a crime too. Will legalizing a crime cause it to being less used clandestinely?

In some cultures being rap*d and then having a child is considered an insult to the family honour. Abortions are often the only avenue for salvation.

In other cultures, having a girl is considered an insult to family honour. So, we kill the females?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:04:29 pm by ~Alpha »

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2010, 04:02:38 pm »

Lol, I put up this topic because of two reasons, my debating mentor hinted this might be the view we are to debate next upon AND a member's name made me reflect.

Your thanking Iluvme ? She (its a she, right ?) just started the topic.

In case I'm not mistaken, I have listed my sex as female havn't I?
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

Alpha

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2010, 04:03:54 pm »

:)

Ah, worry not Ari Ben Abortion.  ;) I wrote it in black.  :P

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2010, 04:05:54 pm »
Lol, I put up this topic because of two reasons, my debating mentor hinted this might be the view we are to debate next upon AND a member's name made me reflect.

Ffs.
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

Alpha

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2010, 04:07:40 pm »

In case I'm not mistaken, I have listed my sex as female havn't I?

:D I didn't say anything.  :D