Author Topic: Abortion, Is it the right thing?  (Read 13692 times)

Alpha

Re: Abortion, Is it the right thing?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 12:19:48 pm »
If you, Godforbid, were rap*d tomorrow, would you be willing to go through 9 months of hell for a child that isnt your own ?

For sure, I'd go straight for suicide having a murder burdening my conscience.

Would you then go through childbirth (with the VERY REAL chance of complications) which starts with labour pains HOURS AND HOURS in advance ?
Not to mention that girl could die in childbirth.

If there is a choice between LIFE and LIFE, fine with an exception. But abortion isn't something to joke with. ONCE it's proven right, you will find a tsunami of people abusing of it to correct their 'mistakes'.

Dont be philosophical and comment by saying that life is precious and stuff, in the real world sh*t like this happens to people.

(Oye, why do you all people always relate me to philosophy? :P >:()
Without exaggerating... some 50 years ago, it was considered a "sh*t" for a man to hold a woman's hand, then she should have cut it off in case she was made a victim?
It was a "sh*t" to kiss her. Then, throw acid on her face, because it's infected? Because it's no longer hers?

Be practical and think for the long term. Don't succumb now and have recourse to abortion. We're in an ever-moving world; there are many more "sh*ts" to come.

A 13 year old girl in London was rap*d a week ago. If she conceives (according to you) she must give birth ??!!!

If she will come out alive...

What if that girl was your daughter ?

What if? And that aborted child, is nobody's??
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:21:47 pm by ~Alpha »

Alpha

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 12:24:51 pm »
P. S. nobody= no one.

This guy. :P

elemis

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 12:28:33 pm »
For sure, I'd go straight for suicide having a murder burdening my conscience.

Few people are as strong hearted as you.

If there is a choice between LIFE and LIFE, fine with an exception. But abortion isn't something to joke with. ONCE it's proven right, you will find a tsunami of people abusing of it to correct their 'mistakes'.

That's why we have the law and legislation. Legislation in some countries exists where abortion is prohibited EXCEPT in special circumstances - for example when a woman is raped.

(Oye, why do you all people always relate me to philosophy? :P >:()
Without exaggerating... some 50 years ago, it was considered a "sh*t" for a man to hold a woman's hand, then she should have cut it off in case she was made a victim?
It was a "sh*t" to kiss her. Then, throw acid on her face, because it's infected? Because it's no longer hers?

That's irrelevant. You dont kiss and tell ;)

Be practical and think for the long term. Don't succumb now and have recourse to abortion. We're in an ever-moving world; there are many more "sh*ts" to come.

I am not succumbing to the times, I am stating a fact. A 13 year old rape victim shouldnt be forced to go through the pain of childbirth.

If she will come out alive...

What if? And that aborted child, is nobody's??

She wouldnt. 13 is too young - she would have died.

That aborted child would have to live with the fact that he/she was the product of malice and injustice. Psychological trauma, delinquency etc. could all follow.

elemis

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 12:29:31 pm »
P. S. nobody= no one.

This guy. :P

LMAO !!!!

Alpha

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 12:39:40 pm »
Few people are as strong hearted as you.

I'm weak hearted-- you need a strong heart to kill.

That's why we have the law and legislation. Legislation in some countries exists where abortion is prohibited EXCEPT in special circumstances - for example when a woman is rap*d.

The law fails. Abortion and rap* are before being public, private issues.
And the policy isn't effective either. If it's made easy to discard the residue of rap*, it will be easier to both rap* and be rap*d.

That's irrelevant. You dont kiss and tell ;)

That ain't working. You'll need to find something more valid.
Do you rap* and tell?

I am not succumbing to the times, I am stating a fact. A 13 year old rap* victim shouldnt be forced to go through the pain of childbirth.

She wouldnt. 13 is too young - she would have died.

FYI, we had a 'kid' here who gave birth to a HEALTHY child and is feeding him well, at 8 years old. That was a rap* case too.
I laud this girl. She had the courage to take a decision others physically and morally stronger than her couldn't.

That aborted child would have to live with the fact that he/she was the product of malice and injustice. Psychological trauma, delinquency etc. could all follow.

There isn't any lack of orphans and rejected people in this world. So what? We force them all in an extinction camp because psychological trauma, delinquency etc. could follow?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:41:35 pm by ~Alpha »

nid404

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 12:43:17 pm »
An 8 year old is not mature enough to raise a child.

Alpha

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 12:46:42 pm »
An 8 year old is not mature enough to raise a child.

That's theory.

She DID it. And is still.

elemis

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 12:49:21 pm »
I'm weak hearted-- you need a strong heart to kill.

It is easier to destroy than create.

The law fails. Abortion and rap* are before being public, private issues.
And the policy isn't effective either. If it's made easy to discard the residue of rap*, it will be easier to both rap* and be rap*d.

It does, I will agree, fail at times. No, rape is a social iniquity - something that affects the community. I dont see how allowing abortion will make it easier for any person to become rape victim. Are you suggesting people will welcome being raped, knowing they can simply abort the child later ?

That ain't working. You'll need to find something more valid.
Do you rap* and tell?

Kissing and holding hands dont cause lasting emotional trauma, physical pain and a child. These things remain with you forever.

FYI, we had a 'kid' here who gave birth to a HEALTHY child and is feeding him well, at 8 years old. That was a rap* case too.
I laud this girl. She had the courage to take a decision others physically and morally stronger than her couldn't.

I cant comment on the matter, the child was lucky. She knows very well she could have died.

There isn't any lack of orphans and rejected people in this world. So what? We force them all in an extinction camp because psychological trauma, delinquency etc. could follow?

At a few days after conception a 'child' is simply a ball of cells. No brain, no heart, no nerves - nothing. No pain can be felt, no loss incurred.

nid404

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 12:49:45 pm »
That's theory.

She DID it. And is still.

It's a fact...scientifically proven. An 8 year old is not supposed to conceive. It ain't good for her, it ain't good for the kid.

elemis

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 12:52:28 pm »
It's a fact...scientifically proven. An 8 year old is not supposed to conceive. It ain't good for her, it ain't good for the kid.

For a grown adult, childbirth is a VERY painful thing.

Alpha

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 12:54:37 pm »

I know... But there are many exceptions in the world.

Being raped is no less painful. You know and are psychologically, be it subconsciously, prepared when you give birth, but not when you are raped.

And for the above... Later, am off.

nid404

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 12:55:57 pm »

We are still young girls, Alpha, we don't know what it is like to be a mother.Yes it is painful..and I don't think a  young victim deserves the pain.And no that ain't for her to decide. She is still not grown up to understand the complications of childbirth.

elemis

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 12:57:10 pm »
On a lighter note - I think this this is the first debate I've been a real part off :P

Alpha

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 01:01:24 pm »
We are still young girls, Alpha, we don't know what it is like to be a mother.Yes it is painful..and I don't think a  young victim deserves the pain.And no that ain't for her to decide. She is still not grown up to understand the complications of childbirth.

In earlier times, when there were few or no advances in medicine at all, young girls like you and me already had a panoply of offspring.

She didn't deserve being raped in the first place. The child doesn't deserve to be killed. Nobody deserved anything.
She went through trauma... she was alive, no? She lost everything. She still has a life, no?

Then, why should this perception change when it's the case for the unborn?

nid404

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2010, 01:07:15 pm »
In earlier times, when there were few or no advances in medicine at all, young girls like you and me already had a panoply of offspring.

She didn't deserve being rap*d in the first place. The child doesn't deserve to be killed. Nobody deserved anything.
She went through trauma... she was alive, no? She lost everything. She still has a life, no?

Then, why should this perception change when it's the case for the unborn?

Yes they kept having kids because they had premature babies that would die most of the times.

I know of girls who were raped and have made a good life. You don't lose out life when you're raped. You don't remain bound to pain and raise a child you think is a burden. You won't feel good about it, nor will the child.