Author Topic: Which is a harder or more beneficial A Level  (Read 927 times)

Offline SEL123

• SF Immigrant
Which is a harder or more beneficial A Level
« on: September 10, 2010, 01:09:43 am »
I've chosen Math and Physics as A Levels, and since I didn't take chemistry as an IGCSE subject, I'm taking it now.
Biology can't really help me unless I take Chemistry as A Level too, but I can't
And places don't ask for History much, but maybe it can help me since I find it very interesting.
I'm not very good at memorizing, but History (IG) didn't need much memorizing, mostly understanding.
Which one is easier?
I got an A* in Biology and an A in History
To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it, requires brains.

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Which is a harder or more beneficial A Level
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 01:29:30 am »
Go fer bio. Pretty fascinating subject whereas History is too boring fer some and interesting fer others. :D
What's yer aim? What do yuh wanna do in life? Both of the subjects are complicated, but bio may help yuh more in later life. :D
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 01:42:48 am »
Well, there are a few questions, which if you answered to yourself, you might know better:

1) What are your career aims? History has little or no value in Engineering or even General Science, but if you want to go into the Humanities side after these subject options (which I doubt) then History is a big plus.

2) Can you do Chemistry A-Level when you didn't take it in IGCSE? Kind of hard thing to do. Chemistry is one of the most toughest subjects at A-Level and to try fiddling with it at this stage would make it really complicated. Since you mention that taking Biology and Chemistry together is not an option anyhow, so thinking of whether you can even study Chemistry is more important.

3) Why wouldn't the combination Biology/Math/Physics help you? Unless you aim for Medicine or Engineering, these are strong subject options for other Science fields.

Hope it helps. :D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 11:37:05 am by Chingoo »
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline Deadly_king

• &lt;&lt;Th3 BO$$&gt;&gt;
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:21:01 am »
Biology is a lot easier and more interesting.............:)

Like Chingoo highlighted..........it depends on your goals in life.........in which you field do you plan to pursue your higher studies!

Chemistry would be of great help to you......although its kinda tough........but with some efforts from your part accomplishable :)

I dont know much about history........but i dont fink it will really help you for your tertiary studies and future life.

Offline sabbath_92

• SF Citizen
    • Formspring
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 08:58:20 am »
Yup like they all said it depends on your aspirations. But check this out, quite a solid review of all the A Level subjects. However it is probably not so relevant if you're not after Cambridge or such unis, but gives an overall idea.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=810355