Author Topic: Medicine...  (Read 7207 times)

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Medicine...
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 12:04:18 pm »
The league table ranking of top accredited colleges and universities in the UK facilitating Medicine is headed by Cambridge University. Oxford ranks in second place followed by Imperial College London in third. Edinburgh is in fourth position with Manchester in fifth.

You must be mistaken buddy. ;)

This is because Oxford is the first in UK for medicine.

Here is your proof.

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 09:17:29 pm »
imperial college is a very gud 1 for studying medicine and it offers 1st  class scholarships in medicine as well...u can jst search for imperial college london in google and 4m dere u can follow d link 2 d its site.

Offline Nexus

• SF Immigrant
  • There is no substitute for Truth
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 04:12:01 pm »
I guess itz really good if u cld apply fir NUS(National University of Singapore).......it'z one of da best in Asia..but u shld do SATs and in SATs u shld hv atleast 2200 cause it's very competitive.frthermore u hv to hv 4As(not sure abt A*) chck it out at  the NUS website.And SAT 2 wld also be neccesary at NUS...and u will hv to face an interview at NUS thrgh which thy will accept u.
Are u doin ur AS now ??? or A2?? if ur doin ur A2 apply with ur SAT1,SAT2 and A Levels to NUS(application starts somewhere in Oct ) and if u hv very good O levels wit exceptional  resultz such as top ten or Edexcel 7* prize.Remember Medice is the most competitive course ever so put all ur achievemnts at the application form!!!
At NUS u cld get a schol if u hv exptional resultz and if not Financial Aid where the univrsity pays fr ur tuition as well as Hostel expnses and aftr the degree  u hv to pay the amnt withought any intrst thrgh a job.
fr US universities the main achievmnt thy consider is the SATs so u shld get close to perfect scores(e.g > 2300 in SAT1). in order to get in to Ivy League Colleges...which r considered the best in US (e.g. Univertiy of Pennysilvania,Yale,Harvard etc.)
here the university depends manly on SATs  and gives less amnt credit to London A LEVELS so jst wit ur A LEVELS it'z highly unlikly tht u get into a Ivy League College.
Frthermore ur Extra curricular activities and leadership qualities an important role in the application such as working for the society and Prefect at the school etc and also the Essay which sm universities ask u to write..Remember tht ur personal statement also plays a massive role..i hv seen may senor friends wit high resultz not accepted to good universities because of their poor personal statemnts....
And I think u shld also try fr other universities, such as  in Australia

ANU(Australian National University)
Monash University
Wollongong university
which are all highly ranked

and in New Zealand
Auckland University
University of Canterburry

So think about the university u want to apply and be impressive at ur application...Good luck :D
_____Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction_____

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 04:27:46 am »
I guess itz really good if u cld apply fir NUS(National University of Singapore).......it'z one of da best in Asia..but u shld do SATs and in SATs u shld hv atleast 2200 cause it's very competitive.frthermore u hv to hv 4As(not sure abt A*) chck it out at  the NUS website.And SAT 2 wld also be neccesary at NUS...and u will hv to face an interview at NUS thrgh which thy will accept u.
Are u doin ur AS now ??? or A2?? if ur doin ur A2 apply with ur SAT1,SAT2 and A Levels to NUS(application starts somewhere in Oct ) and if u hv very good O levels wit exceptional  resultz such as top ten or Edexcel 7* prize.Remember Medice is the most competitive course ever so put all ur achievemnts at the application form!!!
At NUS u cld get a schol if u hv exptional resultz and if not Financial Aid where the univrsity pays fr ur tuition as well as Hostel expnses and aftr the degree  u hv to pay the amnt withought any intrst thrgh a job.
fr US universities the main achievmnt thy consider is the SATs so u shld get close to perfect scores(e.g > 2300 in SAT1). in order to get in to Ivy League Colleges...which r considered the best in US (e.g. Univertiy of Pennysilvania,Yale,Harvard etc.)
here the university depends manly on SATs  and gives less amnt credit to London A LEVELS so jst wit ur A LEVELS it'z highly unlikly tht u get into a Ivy League College.
Frthermore ur Extra curricular activities and leadership qualities an important role in the application such as working for the society and Prefect at the school etc and also the Essay which sm universities ask u to write..Remember tht ur personal statement also plays a massive role..i hv seen may senor friends wit high resultz not accepted to good universities because of their poor personal statemnts....
And I think u shld also try fr other universities, such as  in Australia

ANU(Australian National University)
Monash University
Wollongong university
which are all highly ranked

and in New Zealand
Auckland University
University of Canterburry

So think about the university u want to apply and be impressive at ur application...Good luck :D

I already did my A2 last November :)

Thank you very much for your tips buddy.

Really appreciated. :)

+rep

Offline Agustin Roebuck

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 09:21:50 am »
The league table ranking accredited colleges and universities in the UK facilitating Medicine is headed by Cambridge University. Oxford ranks in second place followed by Imperial College London in third. Edinburgh is in fourth position with Manchester in fifth. This list of leading UK universities and colleges for Medicine is annually constructed on a points system using the following weighted criteria:
1)Quality of teaching
2)Student A-level results
3)Graduate post-degree deployment
                                           For more information you may check this link http://www.thedegreeexperts.com/online-college.aspx

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »
Dead Bruv, :P, where did you finally decide to go...My guess-you're already doing MBBS yeah??

Amelia

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 05:14:08 pm »
Dead Bruv, :P, where did you finally decide to go...My guess-you're already doing MBBS yeah??

Well, yah. He is doing it in Mauritius.  ;) 

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 09:19:40 am »
Oh so he remained there. All my best wishes man...I hope by this time next year, I will be doing the same thing INSHALLAH!!! (Allah Pleaseeee) anddd Amy, you doing it in Dubai itself huh, in DMC??

Amelia

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »
Oh so he remained there. All my best wishes man...I hope by this time next year, I will be doing the same thing INSHALLAH!!! (Allah Pleaseeee) anddd Amy, you doing it in Dubai itself huh, in DMC??

Nah, I chose UOS. In sharjah.  ;)

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 05:51:18 pm »
Well, yah. He is doing it in Mauritius.  ;) 

Thanks daughter :D

Thank you br0 :) Ameen :D

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 05:53:18 pm »
Thank you br0 :) Ameen :D

M-H is female ! ;D

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU

Offline guMnam

• !!~~**~~!!
  • SF Farseer
  • !!~~guMnam~~!!
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 06:14:16 pm »

I <3 Challenges
Never give up :)

Offline Aadeez || Zafar

• SF Master
  • Knowledge, Chaapppar Phad kay
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 06:30:59 pm »
In UK i have tough t of Cambridge bur for chem engg

Yeh BaaabuRaao ka style hein!

Offline Deadly_king

• &lt;&lt;Th3 BO$$&gt;&gt;
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 07:38:47 pm »
M-H is female ! ;D

Oopz......yeah.....i was aware of that :P

It's just that it's been so long since I last talked with all of you...........am loosing my memory :P

My apology sis M-H ;)

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 07:58:44 pm »
Oopz......yeah.....i was aware of that :P

It's just that it's been so long since I last talked with all of you...........am loosing my memory :P

My apology sis M-H ;)

Who am I ? ::)

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU