Author Topic: ALEVELS-->cie or edexel??  (Read 1372 times)

ALEVELS-->cie or edexel??
« on: September 05, 2010, 12:32:16 am »
our skool startd edexel board this yr n all of my frndz r takin edexel!!!weelll m de onlee odd 1 out ;D
jus wanted 2 ask u ppl whethr is dere any diferenc in dere values!!around de world .... esp. pakistan
!!
because all my frndz are freakin mee out abt cie... :P :P
suggestin mee nt to take cie!! :-\
:/

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Re: ALEVELS-->cie or edexel??
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 12:35:03 am »
well for me i read an intro abt A levels ..etc and found out that Edexcel is easier from everyone i met in ma life tbh ....and i also learnt from the intro that Edexcel is more recognized tho i am not sure from this info .

I chose Exdecel mainly cuz that's what schools where i live offer :( + the Uni I'm lookin forward to study in wants A level and that's it so i chose the easier one ;)

i think u see the uni u wanna study in and read their application thigy ;)
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline studz

• SF Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 12:41:06 am »
yeahh i have the same doubt too...but as far as i knw, cambridge system is slightly better than edexcel's..also some unis like the ones in malysia uk etc prefer cambridge over edexcel...ive seen the same kinda trend elsewhere too..
but i guess its okay to do edexcel too..because in the end its all bout the grades that u get which matter the most...so be it edexcel or cambridge...aim for good grades  :)
could've would've should've....BUT DIDN'T!

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 12:44:02 am »
CIE is a little tough than EDEXCEL. EDEXCEL is hardly offered by any school in Pakistan. Most candidates who appear in EDEXCEL are private and are very few (maximum around 1000 in whole Pakistan while CIE candidates from Pakistan are more than 100 000 per session).

If you are planning to study in a Pakistani University, then I'll suggest you to go for CIE.

But if you are going to other Universities, then it doesn't matter whether you do EDEXCEL or CIE. Then all that matters is your grades. Because as far as acceptability goes, there is no distinction made by educational institutions at the tertiary (university/college) level. As long as the qualification is A-Levels, it does not make a material difference whether it's from CIE or Edexcel. Most universities will take the base structure of the qualification into consideration rather than the provider. So AQA, Edexcel, CIE are all equivalent when it comes to acceptance of their A-Levels. Moreover, since all the bodies running A-Levels and their curricula are administered and regulated using very similar standards (QCA, UK Department of Education), the choice is perhaps more on availability than value.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:51:57 am by DrEvil »

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 12:58:30 am »
CIE is an international board, which is independent of the schooling regulations set for the local boards. It has a tougher curriculum for almost all subjects and though it is argued that grade thresholds mean that the grades come down to the same level regardless of a tougher course, but that isn't always true. Grade thresholds can be set high in CIE than by Edexcel.

Edexcel operates under the schooling system of the UK and cannot make their exams tougher and vaster than a certain limit conferred by the country's education ministry.

Like DrEvil said, Edexcel is rarely taken in Pakistan compared with CIE, and though there's a higher chance of you getting a higher grade in Edexcel than in CIE (candidates for Edexcel are less than for CIE all over the world), but Pakistani universities can be fussy. I have not seen a university website discerning between Edexcel and CIE, but then this is home sweet home :P So if the school you're going to offers CIE, don't think another moment; if it doesn't, then it's best you think over it before going on with it.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline S.M.A.T

• SF Master
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 01:02:33 am »
CIE is much more recognized and much tougher than edexcel
But when it comes to America it doesn't matter whether you do EDEXCEL or CIE(As DrEvil said) all that matters is good grades and most importantly high SAT score.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:04:12 am by asiftasfiq93 »

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed - I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself." Clemenceau, Georges

Offline guMnam

• !!~~**~~!!
  • SF Farseer
  • !!~~guMnam~~!!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 08:07:08 am »
ahem...i wanna say all wat dr.evil said..:P

haha

its simple..choose cie  and By the way u have already made the choice..:P

I <3 Challenges
Never give up :)

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 09:20:23 pm »
Thanks evry1 ....helpd a lott!!
Thanks drevil n chingooo !! :) :) ::)
:)
 ;D
@ gummy :yea m already dne wid admissionz....but was jus thinkin ovr my decision agn,but i dnt noe which uni in future !!!
n dere r 70 % chances i myt go 2 paki uni!!
n u noe competition ovr dere is like whoaaa!!! n my uncle suggestd me dat if iam goin 2 a paki uni ...i shud take cie!!
@ asif :SAT score n admission test score aswell :)