Author Topic: NEED HELP ??? in ICT PLZ  (Read 3213 times)

Offline sarasa

• SF Immigrant
NEED HELP ??? in ICT PLZ
« on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:56 am »
Ok ma question is how come it says at da end of da paper 3 after da examination time
Do they mean it is not included in da two nd a half hours nd da invigilators will let us do them?
I don't also get the highlight part, Do we need 2 use a highlighter or do it on da computer nd reprint it???
Yeah 1 more doubt in Powerpoint, if it says in da question:
"The slide master must have your name and today’s date in a small black font
placed in the bottom left corner." does this indicate an updated date like it gets automatically changed each day so da examiners will c a different date than da 1 in which da exam was carried out OR a fixd 1 (i.e.date of da exam)
How to fuse them in da same box?
PLZZZZZZZZZZZz ANY1 .... Can u help????

Preparin for NOVEMBER plz donot lock!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:42:41 am by sarasa »

elemis

Re: NEED HELP ??? in ICT PLZ
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 07:01:14 am »
I am trying to understand your question but  it is VERY badly phrased. COuld you please put it in better wording ?

Thank You  :)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 07:20:42 am »
Is it CIE paper 3? In this case, paper 3 is theory. ::)

Whatever, when the question says to place a date and time (todays date and time), it means you have to place an AUTOMATIC date and time AND even SHOW the evidence of the screenshot of the procedure you used in your evidence document.

If you are using office 2007, place the cursor in the location you wish to place the auto date. Go to the insert tab. Find the 'Field' option. Click it. Click 'more fields' from the list.

A dialog box will come with many fields. Search the 'Date' field. Set the appropriate options to display today's date. Take the screenshot of this dialog at this stage to show in evidence document. Click ok to insert the auto date at this position.

Offline sarasa

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:32:49 am »
I am trying to understand your question but  it is VERY badly phrased. COuld you please put it in better wording ?

Thank You  :)
Ok there r alot of doubts dat is y it seems difficult to comprehend.
Q1. At da end of every Cambridge IGCSE ICT code 0417 paper 3
(which is by da way practical ... paper 1 is theory) ,
after da last numbered question...
a note will be written sayin "AFTER THE EXAMINATION TIME"
sO does this mean we will be allowed extra time for it???

Offline sarasa

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 07:36:52 am »
Here is da thing i am talkin about:

After the examination time – on the html printouts of your webpage
On your printout highlight those portions of the code which show that:
Your name, centre number and candidate number are present
The external stylesheet is attached to each webpage
The table borders are set to 2 and 0 point
The cell spacing is set to 5 point
The cell padding is set to 3 point
SPECIMEN4.GIF is resized to 250 pixels high
The hyperlink from Try Bonsai opens SPECIMEN2.HTM in a new window called _external
SPECIMEN6.JPG is resized to 250 pixels wide
SPECIMEN5.JPG has been changed to .gif format
SPECIMEN5.GIF is resized to 40 pixels wide and 60 pixels high
SPECIMEN5.GIF hyperlinks to HOMEPAGE.HTM

Offline sarasa

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:45:27 am »
Q2. About the instruction HIGHLIGHT on da printout, does this mean we need to bring a marking pen with us nd shade those stuff mentioned or through computer ? Those who have done da exam will understand

Q3. Which was answered by Stylish it is about another question in PowerPoint, if it says to display today's date, should we use automatic or fixed date?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:47:34 am by sarasa »

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 11:00:59 am »
I think you'll have to highlight on the computer. Use the "Fill colour" option to highlight text. But you will probably need a color printer to show this (which I hope your school has for exam). If your school doesn't consult with a teacher what to do.

The phrase "After the exam time" means after the time written on the first page of the question paper. Most probably, you'll be allotted extra time. But please do check with your teacher.

Offline TheRock

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 11:52:43 pm »
I think you'll have to highlight on the computer. Use the "Fill colour" option to highlight text. But you will probably need a color printer to show this (which I hope your school has for exam). If your school doesn't consult with a teacher what to do.

The phrase "After the exam time" means after the time written on the first page of the question paper. Most probably, you'll be allotted extra time. But please do check with your teacher.

You were actually supposed to bring a highlighter in that case. Oh and yes it's after the 2:30, you can't highlight during the exam.

Offline adrian1993

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 07:07:19 am »
You should bring a highlighter in and physically highlight it.

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
    • Theory of Life - A new skew.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 02:01:19 pm »
Ok ma question is how come it says at da end of da paper 3 after da examination time
Do they mean it is not included in da two nd a half hours nd da invigilators will let us do them?

I don't also get the highlight part, Do we need 2 use a highlighter or do it on da computer nd reprint it???

Yeah 1 more doubt in Powerpoint, if it says in da question:
"The slide master must have your name and today’s date in a small black font
placed in the bottom left corner." does this indicate an updated date like it gets automatically changed each day so da examiners will c a different date than da 1 in which da exam was carried out OR a fixd 1 (i.e.date of da exam)

How to fuse them in da same box?

PLZZZZZZZZZZZz ANY1 .... Can u help????

Preparin for NOVEMBER plz donot lock!

Alright, I'll answer all in one post so that it's not all confusing.

ICt Practical Paper 3.

Yes. They mean after the 2.1/2hrs time you'll be giving a minimum of 10 mins to perform those tasks. Tick the bullets with a pencil so that you don't miss anything then erase them off.

You would need to carry a highlighter (yellow would do best) and physically highlight the tasks and not in the software and then print it.

If the question strictly says "The slide master must have your name and today’s date in a small black font placed in the bottom left corner."
What you can do is Insert a new text box and have you name and date in the new one .

Eg.
sarasa
24 August 2010.
However, each question paper may ask you different type of alignment of the boxes.

And it is not the updated date. It is the day of the examination itself.

You do not need to merge the text boxes. Just insert a new text box.

So it that it? :)