Author Topic: How important is writing?  (Read 4613 times)

Offline benk

• Construction Essays
How important is writing?
« on: September 22, 2011, 06:48:36 am »
I'm about to write an essay about "Importance of Writing" but before I will put my ideas I just want to ask opinions from all of you guys:)

0kelvin

Re: How important is writing?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 05:51:33 am »
Interesting, years ago there was a national exam in Brasil in which the writing task was "importance of reading".

Ideas:
-Iliteracy at adult age
-Flowcharts used in bussiness any many other areas, such as programming

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
  • :)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 01:32:29 pm »
i'm not really a fan of writing but i will say that writing shows the feeling you have towards a particular topic!
it brings out your emotions and ideas into words!

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 10:16:57 am »
Writing is important for communication. Without written communication, many of our businesses and institutions would thrive because it is a non-intrusive form of communication (unlike audio, which we're bound to listen to even if we don't want to; imagine all the billboards on the road screaming their messages at you).

Good writers also make for much comprehensive reading material and help in the lingual development of our society's children.If writing is wiped out of our society, we won't have a strong base for language and will be poor at communicating to one another.

Also, for record-keeping and documentation legal writers are very important who need mastery of legal language and the layman language itself and hence for it to be written down; it is hard to record or document all information as voice (a divorce paper swapped with a divorce recording is not as authentic and is a waste of time and money).

With diminished trend of writing handwriting will also become less legible and of course, communication will be weaker.

And there are a lot more but I hope these at least gave you a good head start. =D
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline benk

• Construction Essays
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 02:49:28 pm »
 8) thanks for all the ideas guys!

Offline benk

• Construction Essays
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 06:34:53 am »
I'm done with my essay and many really like my composition :) thanks a lot guys for all your ideas!  :-*

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 11:47:28 pm »
hey every one!
Writing has been always a problem for me....
I totaly agree wid Chingoo
All I wanna say is good writing needs good reading material..

you got that right!;)

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 02:51:18 pm »
thanks Tohru Kyo Sohma
I was wondering what ur name means :o
The name is from an anime!
I actually dunno what it actually means!

Offline KennySmart

• Zogu
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 11:30:23 am »
For future reference writing is one of the most important things at university across the board.

For example if I sold student accommodation, there would be a natural expectancy for students to ring my business telephone speak to a nice receptionist who would put them through to a student accommodation officer? Right... Then from there students will be expecting that student accommodation officer to house them? Right...

So to cut a long story short imagine yourself as the company that sells them self. Without writing you cannot attract customers through advertising (Conveying your argument to Lecturers/Markers), it does not allow customers to give good reviews about your products (Conveying your point to Moderators after the lecturers have done their part) and you cannot accommodate students with wonderful homes (Get good greats because you failed at the other 2 steps).

In essence writing is the key of good communication, good analyses and good reflection (Improvements). Name one Phd doctorate that cannot write and does not have an intellectually complex language to do so.

(refer: www.ZOGU.co.uk)